10) It's Hard To Dream With Eyes Stitched Open

School had always been exhausting, but today was a progress to me. A large step forward, I began fighting my weakness.

But now, it was time for me to relax, not think about anything else but the great sight on the mountains that I was currently admiring by a cliff.

This was my special place in the real world, always quiet, surrounded by nature, no one around. Only just a comforting peace. I would go there every day after school, to shake off my problems and grant myself a nice time, far from the negativity I was growing used to.

I pulled out my phone and swiftly typed Alex's number. We exchanged numbers when we had met, two days before, and he was such a really nice guy. He would talk to me by either gesturing or writing his thoughts and requests down, and his shyness was kind of cute too.

A masculine voice answered after a few rings.

"Hello?" it was Brian. I was expecting someone else's voice over the phone, but I didn't realize Brian was often around him. They must be really close.

"Brian?" I asked, to be sure it was him.

"Lyndsey? What-"

"Would you guys like to come over? I know this amazing place and I'd like to show you." I cut him off. He hesitated, but replied eventually. I suppose he was asking Alex what to do.

"Sure... text us the details, we'll be there as soon as possible." He replied and hung up. So I texted them directions and patiently waited for them. It was the first time I'd let someone in here, but I felt ready. I felt like they were the right people to share this little taste of heaven with.

-

Soon enough, I heard footsteps, not looking away from the blue sky I was beneath, and I adverted someone sit beside me on the grass.

"Such a nice place." Brian stated and I just nodded.

"There's a few things I remind myself every time I come here." I said and turned to him. Alex was sitting just a few inches away. Brian nodded once, as if telling me to continue, and so I did;

"Feel the rush, enjoy the view, experiment the nature, interpret the sounds, taste the quiet." I finished. Alex looked interested in my words.

"Deep. All I see is landscape." Brian admitted, with a shrug.

"Well, what are you hearing?" I asked him. He shrugged again and stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to catch some noises.

"I hear... well, nothing. It's pretty quiet here." He replied, sincerely. I nodded.

"Close your eyes now and rest your mind, but keep focusing on what's really around you. All the small things." I said. He furrowed his eyebrows unsure, at first, but then agreed and did what he was told. Alex did the same, and I could see his lips breaking into a small, peaceful smile.

That caused me to weakly smirk too. I turned again to Brian, who looked really concentrated.

"I hear... birds singing. The wind creeping through the trees' leaves... the water of a fount splashing... maybe even some frog. And lizards sliding through the bushes." He stated, then his eyes shot wide open and he looked at me.

"See how easy it is to go from nothing to all of that?" I said, smiling. He nodded and laid down, staring at the sky.

"Do you come here often?" he asked and I nodded.

"Basically every day, after school. I've never brought anyone here until now." I replied.

"Why did you decide to bring us?" he asked, curiously, and I let out a chuckle.