And Aaron drove for about half an hour more, her fingers laced with his own as he did. Her steady breathing was the only noise that was echoing throughout the car ride, along with some of her grumbles here and there. 

B̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.

He just wished he was too. 

⍟⍟⍟

Aaron was already strolling into Rose's neighbourhood. The air felt more light here, more cool and clean than at any part of the journey. Aaron found himself inhaling and exhaling a lot more here, as though trying to take as much in as he possibly could. 

Her fingers were now resting on his knee as she wondered off into a world of her own, and Aaron couldn't couldn't couldn't keep calm. He didn't know the answer to that either. 

And when he pulled up to Rose's driveway and parked the car, he gently took her fingers in his as he looked down at them. 

Her hands weren't nice. 

They were something he has never seen as nice. 

Her fingers were skinny, didn't seem to have any structure. He would always find pen smears or random cuts on the side of her hands and small doodlings between her fingers. 

She would always have chipped nail polish on the corners of her nails, scratching it off when she was bored or nervous. 

Her hands were so small yet they had the softest texture - almost like if something felt like cotton candy and foam swirled together, it would be Rose's hands. 

Her hands weren't nice, they were absolutely beautiful. J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.

And in the most weirdest way, he liked the manner her hands felt - it was something Aaron always looked forward to. 

Holding Rose's hand was like touching something delicate, something beautiful. It felt like he was holding a cloud or a dream - he felt like he was holding something alive and free.

Tugging at her hand, Aaron's sapphire gaze settled on the sleeping girl. S̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶. He could feel the uneasiness and insecurity wither from his spine as looked at her. Aaron didn't know what in God's name Rose did to manage him to feel this way; so light and free. I̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶.

"Rose," He said softly, tugging her hand again, smiling as he watched her groan in rejection. "We're home now, come on."

She grumbled as she slowly opened her eyes, instantly rubbing them with her hands. H̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶.̶

He could feel himself smiling. "Okay sleepy head, we're here."

She gently nodded her head, the sleep still stuck to all her movement as she let out a yawn. Aaron then shut off the engine before shoving the keys into his pocket as he got out of the car. He walked over to Rose's side, opening her door as he met her caramel gaze. He flashed a small smile as he offered her his hand, nodding his head when she took it h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e. He helped her up, almost chuckling at how drowsy she looked; hanging her head down low as she tried to keep her eyes open.