chapter eleven

Blair sat at the bleachers as cheer practice closed to an end. Coach Keenan was yelling at Coach Finstock again so the cheer team was practically dismissing themselves from practice while the lacrosse team was still doing drills. 

Ever since the night of prom, Blair has been more alert and cautious. Anything could happen now that the demons would willingly go into school grounds to try and harm students. Blair was barely managing to balance school work with the new problems going on in the town that she once thought was an average small town. She was surprised that she still had A's in all of her classes.

"So are you going to tell me the truth?" Brooklyn's voice interrupted Blair's thoughts.

"What?" Blair questioned her best friend and Brooklyn rolled her eyes.

"You've been lying to me."

"Brooke, what are you talking about?"

"Stop acting so innocent, okay? You've been lying to me about everything. Especially when you left prom." Brooklyn had an angered and hurt look on her face as she waited for an answer from her best friend.

Blair sighed. She knew this moment was bound to come but she couldn't tell Brooklyn the truth. Not now. Not with everything happening. "I seriously don't know what you're talking about."

"Ever since you started hanging out with Liam, you have changed. You aren't yourself anymore. And don't bother denying it because I know you better than you know you." Brooklyn stood up and slung her cheer bag over her shoulder, "We're suppose to be best friends, Blair. We've been friends for over ten years and you know how I feel about dishonesty. When you're ready to tell me the truth, then come talk to me. Until then, you can stop talking to me."

Blair watched as Brooklyn walked down the bleachers and exited the field. This didn't come as a surprise to Blair. She thought she deserved it though, Brooklyn would know the truth eventually.

"What just happened with you two?" Liam asked as he walked up to Blair. She looked at him and shrugged.

"You didn't hear it all?"

"Oh, I did."

"Then what do you think I should do?"

Liam shrugged, "The answer is easy. You tell her."

"It can't be that easy." Blair replied and turned her body to face him. "Right?"

"You're smarter than me, so you should know the answer."

Blair rolled her eyes and shook her head, "You have more experience with these situations than me. How did Mason react when you told him?"

"He thought it was the coolest thing ever. I'm actually glad I told him. He was my best friend and keeping the secret drove us apart." Liam explained, giving a simplified version of the story.

"But what if telling her results putting her in danger? What if telling Brooklyn results in her death?" Blair then asked and Liam looked at her.

"What if not telling her results in her death?"

----------

I'M BACK AND THIS IS SORT OF A FILLER SORRY. But this sets the scene for something bigger, okay? All my filler chapters do that. 

There will probably be a double update tonight since I don't upload for a week and a half so....

Remember to go check out Blair and Brooklyn's outfits on my polyvore which is 'teenwxlves' and in case you're wondering, I did there outfits like that on purpose since I thought it was funny.

Thank you all for reading!