Chapter 29 - Warmth

Magsimula sa umpisa

The bell rang and you went running to the door, having a clue who it is. "I'm coming, I'm coming." You said when the ringing of the bell didn't stop. You opened the door and caught Sunhwa on guard, grinning innocently.

"When will you learn not to play with the bell anymore, huh?" You asked and she laughed. "Hmm, that day wouldn't come." Sunhwa said as she stepped into the house. She greeted your parents and you two went upstairs. You were inside your room as Sunhwa put her bag away.

"Ahh...finally." She sighed lying down on your bed. You giggled and patted her head gently.

"Tired?" You asked and she nodded. You raised your brows and hugged Stitch to your chest closely.

"Jeongmal? What were you doing earlier anyway?" 

You swayed your body left to right and rested your chin on the head of the stuffed toy. Sunhwa threw her hands in the air as she started her drama. "I've been entertaining myself all day! I was so bored!" She said.

She made a pout and you laughed at her silliness. You threw a pillow on her and giggled when she groaned. "You're being dramatic again." You said. Sunhwa grinned proudly. "Why shouldn't I? Drama is a part of me since then." She said sticking her tongue out. You rolled your eyes while she laughed non-stop.

"Have you had your dinner?" You remembered to ask.

Sunhwa nodded, her lips pursed narrowing her eyes on the thing you are hugging. "Woah...Stitch looks so cute." She stated and you raised the stuffed toy, smiling. "I know right? Sehun gave it to me. I think he won the toy catcher this time."

Sunhwa nodded and rolled, lying on her stomach with cheeks on her palms. She widened her eyes, pushing her lower lip out. "Not bad." She said.

You agreed and noticed something. "I just wonder how this thing became big. It was tiny when it was on the toy catcher machine." You said, confused. Sunhwa shrugged. "Don't ask me."

"By the way, speaking of Sehun---how's the date? Erm...I mean the friendly one." Sunhwa said. She moved her brows up and down while swaying his feet in the air. 

"Hmm...Actually I really had fun. Even though all we did is argue then be friends again and again. But..." You sighed and let your body fall on the soft mattress with your hair outstandingly spread beautifully.

"But?" Sunhwa anticipated as she gestured you to continue.

"But Hyomin and her friends ruin it." You said softly but enough for Sunhwa to hear. "They what?!" She outburst and sat up. "She was there, I mean...they. I didn't expect it to happen, though she was the one who approached me and said such harsh words." You sighed in upset.

Sunhwa cracked her knuckles and squinted her eyes. "Aish....that wicked witch and her troll friends." She said between her gritted teeth. You giggled on how she gave them names. You breathe in and smiled weakly. You played with the ears of stitch as you looked down blankly.

"It's ok. I fought back this time. And if she'll make my life miserable, I still have you by my side right?" You said lifting your head up and met Sunhwa's eyes. A smile slowly formed on her lips. She nodded and reached out her arms to engulf you with her embrace. In some ways, it gave you comfort and warmth. She patted your head gently and whispered encouraging words.

"Of course I will. What friends are for?" She said making you smile. You squirmed in her embrace, closing your eyes. 

"You're the best." You mumbled.

Kai was inside his room tapping on the wooden table, staring blankly at his phone. He was thinking whether he should do "the call". He stood up to his feet and went to the living room instead, bringing his phone with him.