Sexy Thug

The throbbing in my head was a strong reminder of Chris' house. Why the hell did I think it would be a good idea to play never have I freaking ever? My throat burned with the stale taste of alcohol, and I'm guessing the soreness in my body is from practice yesterday. My back hurts and my legs felt tight. Man I am every shade of messed up right now. My eyes were welcomed by blue walls that I know aren't mine. One of my arms felt like I had been lifting weights for days and the other felt like it wasn't there. As I try to get up my body is held down by something. An arm tightens around my waist as nails bit into my side. Sprawled across my left arm is a mass of black tresses belonging to the girl who will be my undoing. She was curled painstakingly in my side. Looking at her as messed up as it sounds quiets every damn voice that haunts me. She is so much more than just a beautiful girl. On instinct my arm that wasn't wrapped around Manny pushed the hair out of her face and I kissed her now visible forehead. She shivered either from her face becoming exposed to the air or from my kiss. I studied her slightly parted lips and remembered kissing her. It was never my intention to kiss her, but I just needed her close. As if she felt someone looking at her, Manny shivered again and drew in closer. Her words from last night ricocheted in my mind. She said I was important to her. The thought of that alone caused a smile to etch its way across my face. I must sound like such a little chick.

The sun shining through the window burned my eyes and after they adjusted my mind started racing. He usually went to work before I left for school. I would hear the car pulling out in the morning and she didn't go anywhere unless he was there too. Crap! If the suns up what time is it?

"Curly Sue wake up." I said quietly trying to wake her up. I can almost calculate the amount of trouble I am going to be in. All I am trying to do for the next year and a half is try to survive and then college that is all. This will not turn out good. "Come on, love, wake up."

She turned her head, whacking me in the face with her hair. "Damn it Manny, that's my eye." This girl is a deep sleeper, but I need her to wake up. Her hand starts to probe my face. She squeezes my nose and my cheeks. Her eyes were still closed the entire time.

"What are you doing?" I asked nasally on the count of her holding my nose. Moving my head I try to get her to let go.

"Looking for the snooze button. Its too early." She said turning again. Only this time she tucked her head into my chest. I don't know how we got to this place we are at, but I like it. I wish we could stay like this but as always I don't get what I want.

" I have to go right now." I said as she lifted her head off of my chest. Untangling herself from me she shook her head quickly. At this I jumped up forgetting my headache for a moment. Standing still I waited for the room to stop spinning before I continued moving. I had a long walk home ahead of me. Checking my phone I was greeted by 15 missed calls and two voice messages. One of the voicemails was probably me getting cussed out. Most of the calls were from him except two, which came from Chris. He was probably checking if I was lying dead in a ditch somewhere.

" Let me give you a ride home." Manny slurred the sleep dripping from every word that she spoke. I watched her; she sat on the end of the bed looking completely zoned out. Her elbows on her knees as she propped up her cheeks.

" I would refuse, but I need to get home now. So, please and thank you." I said and she mumbled in response." But I will drive there while you wake up." I replied rubbing my hand over my eyes to wake myself up a little more.

"Aren't you hung-over?" she asked. Truthfully the only thing that reminded me I drank last night was the burn in my throat and the slight throbbing in my head, but besides that I was fine.