Toxic breath

Chauncey's pov

The war is going to happen soon, and from alpha johns pov it's going to happen in about two or three days.

"Just relax man, nothing's going to happen alpha John has a small pack its nothing compared to ours" James and David reason with me.

I sigh taking another long drink of my beer. "I know, but your Luna is to be upstairs at all times, she's your responsibility while the war happens got it?" I ask stiffly.

They both nod.

Keeley has a thing with leavin the house or room to explore. Not that I don't mind, it's just when I tell her to stay in the house or stay in the room and she doesn't it really pisses me off.

"Maybe you should slow down their alpha" David try's to take my beer and I growl loudly at him.

So what I'm stressed. My wolf is mad at me, my pack is bombarding me with questions about the war, I haven't marked my mate yet? I haven't mated with her yet, my parents are bothering me even though my father is in the room with us. He's sitting in the kitchen chair in the phone with mom.

I hear a laugh and then a ball of fur runs past my feet and a very happy keeley trips on my foot and falls. "Sorry Chauncey" she says and gets back up looking around for the kitten. I growl loudly. "You disrespect me Infront of my pack?" I snarl. She furrows her eyebrows and looks away from me. I forcefully grab her chin and try not to break it.

"I'm your alpha and your mate, you will apologize for your behavior and go back upstairs, were in a meeting" I spit letting go.

Just because she's my mate doesn't mean I won't put her in her place if need be.

"Yeah some meeting your having" she glares, I can see the Unshed tears in her eyes. I growl again. "Your testing my patience" I warn her stiffening.

"Not like you had any in the first place" she whispers. I stomp towards her causing her to bolt up the stairs. Grabbing her ankle I tank her back down and take my belt off.

"You will not disrespect your alpha, you know your place and that is by my side" I yell and whip her back. She cries and try's to kick free but my grip is stronger.

"Let her go alpha!" A chorus of voices ring through my ears but I need to let my anger out.

"Chauncey" a fierce voice breaks through the fog and I'm dragged roughly away and thrown outside landing on the ground. "Go for a run, don't come back until Chauncey has control" my dad yells at me. I growl and run. Not because they told me to but because they were all staring at me with dissapointment, sadness and anger.

Keeleys pov

Pulling my shirt down carefully my hand runs through some blood dripping on my back and I cry silently. Or as silently as I could try. The three men come cautiously in the living room and look at me on the stairs. As if their debating on wether to grab me, or let me go.

As the older man takes a step towards me I bolt upstairs trying to remember which room was Chauncey's.

Three pairs of footsteps follow after me and I slam the door shut and lock it. This wasn't Chauncey's room. I don't even know why this would e called but it's kinda like a office. A bold desk is in the middle and the walls are lined with books.

Shaking I slide down the wall and cry.

*pound*

What was that?

*pound*
They can't get in here can they?
*pound*
What if they break the door down?
*pound*
*crack* the door splits off its hinges and I sit frozen and in fear.

I wonder what my punishment would be for running away.

The three men stand there breathing heavily and I gulf. 3 anger wolves. This couldn't be good.

"Go on down stairs make sure Chauncey doesn't come back" the older one orders. James and the other one nod and leave.

My jaw is quivering and I can feel my heart beat out of my rib cage. My palms are sweaty and I try to look for an escape but there's just the door and a window that doesn't open.

"It's ok, I won't hurt you" he states calmly and puts his hands up.

"I'm link, Chauncey's father" he explains and sits a few feet from me on the ground.

"He promised he'd protect me and wouldn't hurt me" I say trying not to cry, but the lump in my throat didn't help.

Pain and sadness flashes in his eyes.

"He's under a lot of stress, you see when a male wolf especially and alpha hasn't marked their mate then they feel the constant threat that she will be claimed by someone else. Plus there's a war going to happen in a couple days and he's just a very stressed man. His wolf took over and sadly took his anger out on you. He was very drunk and I promise you I won't let him drink anymore" by now I noticed he scooted several more feet Infront of me.

Wearily I look up at him and nod once not believing his promise of Chauncey not drinking anymore.

---

I'm floating on a cloud, not a very soft cloud but a cloud none the less.

I can hear the squeaks of the stairs and I groan softly opening my eyes only to be blinded by light. "Shhh go back to sleep" a voice hushes.

My head lolls against his arm and I close my eyes again.

I'm placed carefully and silently on a bed, that smells a lot like Chauncey and soon the arms are gone. As the figure retreats I look next to me and Chauncey is sleeping there. My breath hitches in my throat and the figure shushes me kneeling beside the bed.

"It's ok, it's Chauncey not river, he isn't drunk anymore he has full control he isn't going to hurt you" he assures.

Pfft Yeah right.

Chauncey's pov

I yawn and roll over to see my beautiful mate. Frowning I see that her blue shirt has blood on it, carefully I lift her shirt up to reveal her back and I growl lowly. Her back had a ton of bruises, and deep cuts that had dried blood around them.

I get out of bed placing the blanket over her carefully and I storm down stairs calling James, David and my father link into my office.

"What the hell happened to her" I growl. James puts his head down and kneels to the ground. I sigh preparing to see it.

When a pack memeber kneels and has their head down they give you permission to search their memories.

Doing so, I saw everything. From when I was just drinking, to when I whipped my poor defenseless mate, when she bolted up the stairs, hearing her screams of pain made my heart schatter.

Then James took her to bed after she fell asleep on the couch but she woke when she saw me sleeping. Thankfully he assured her it was me and not river.

I hate you river.

He growls but I cut him off. I'm just happy he didn't shift and hurt her.

I nod, a few tears coming to my eyes and usher them out quickly.

Keeleys pov

Not hot baths with lavender smelling bubbles are always nice and relaxing. You can clear your mind, get dried blood off your body, wince as the hot water burns your cuts. Anyways, very relaxing.

You know unless your mate, who's wolf beat you the other day, is currently bathing you.