Ocean Blue- Chapter 9

We walked along the beach towards my house hand in hand. It had been three months since we saw Sara's dad in the cave. We still saw Sara alot though.

I stopped walking when we got to my house and turned to Zac. "Bye."

"Bye," He said, kissing me.

"Love you," I called, running up to my door.

"Love you more," he called back

I smiled and closed the door behind me. Harry was standing there kissing his girlfriend, Toni, goodbye. I laughed, "Young love."

Harry stuck his tounge out at me. "I could say the same for you and Zac."

I blushed. "Bye Toni."

"Bye Cassie. See ya Harry." She said giving him one last kiss and disappearing out the door. I turned around. Olivia was standing there. Staring at us.

"What?" I asked

"Yup. You guys are brainwashed by love. Thank god I'm not." She said.

"Thats cause you never get out. Actually look at boys instead of a textbook." Harry said.

"At least I want a career!" Olivia called waving her hand in the air and escaping into her bedroom to do her homework or something.

"Haha! She's mad at you now Harry," I said walking up the stairs to my room.

I picked up my sketchbook off my desk and grabbed a pencil and rubber. Then I walked out onto the balcony, sat down in the chair I positioned and looked around. I saw a kitten perched on a wall, laying out in the sun, and I started to sketch. I sketched the outline of the kitten then started to sketch the details. I sketched the tiny bits of fur and the closed shut eyes.

I sat there for about and hour and a half in my own little world. Everything else shut out. It was just me, my sketchbook and the kitten.

"Hey Cass!" I heard my dad shout.

"Yeah?"

"Food!"

I got up from the balcony, closing the window door behind me and placing my sketchbook on the bed and running down stairs. Thoughts running all over my mind. I picked up a piece of pizza and bit into it.

"So, er.. there's something I've been meaning to tell you all," dad started.

"Okayy, go ahead," Olivia said.

"Erm, okay." Dad sighed and bit into his pizza. "So, your mum has decided she doesn't want to live here in Doncaster, erm, so she is staying in Nottingham."

"Dad we're not five," Harry sighed, "You mean she's left us."

"Well, yes."

I took another bite of my pizza and swallowed, "Is this because she cheated on you?"

"Oh, erm... I didn't know you knew about that."

"Well yeah, we heard you arguing," Olivia replied.

"Okay, well, you're all old enough to know. Yes, Cassie, she did cheat on me. With her boss. And I walked in them kissing."

I swallowed hard, "How long did it go on for?"

"I'm not quite sure, she said it wasn't the first time," he looked down staring at his pizza on his plate.

"It's okay dad, she wasn't the best mum." Olivia muttered, but we all knew she was just trying to calm dad, mum was a pretty good mum, I guess. But that's maybe beacuse I've never had another mother.

><

A/N:

Oooh, so Cassie's mum left them!

Okay, so during writing this chapter I kept typing, 'mom' then kept having to change it to 'mum'. Because I'm English, well I'm actually Geordie, but that is kinda English, isn't it? Anyway, I'm not American, but I've been watching so many American shows and reading so many American books that I've kinda gotten used to saying 'mom' instead of 'mum', y'know?

Anyway, i just wanted to let you know in advance, sorry if I say 'mum' at one point then at another say 'mom'. You know what I mean anyway.

Trailer to this book is on the side! >>>>>

Let me know what you think in the comments below, I'd really appreciate some feedback! And don;t forget to vote, and maybe share?

I love you guys!

~Gemma x