Ocean Blue- Chapter 2

"Mum! I'm going to the beach!" I called.

"Okay, be back for dinner!" She called back.

I shut the door and walked down to the beach. Today was the last day of the summer holidays and I'd be going to school tomorrow. I didn't want to go incase I didn't make any friends but of course I kept that feeling to myself. I knew I had to go. I seen the beach in view and smiled. I'd been once already this summer. Of course with moving house I had to help my parents and everything but I'd had time to go sightseeing with Olivia and I visited the beach. I walked up to the stone at the end of the beach and sat on it. I looked out at the ocean. It was so beautiful. I stood up and jumped in. I had my swim suit on underneath my clothes so I could jump right in. When I was in the water I swam like a dolphin. I was a swimmer and had entered many swimming competitions although I had only won a few. That was one of the many things I would miss about Nottingham.

I swam around until I found this cave. It was a cool, cold cave. I couldn't get in though there was only a gap big enough for a baby. I swam around and down under the water until I saw something that caught my eye. I swam deep down to where it was. It was pretty far down and I was thinking about forgetting about it and swimming back up when I reached it. It was sparkling silver. I looked at it. It was a bit like a switch and it shone upon me. Beckoning my to pull it. So I did. And the rocks started to break apart and open revealing a cave. I swam inside.

It was a very big cave. I swam around trying to make sense of it all. I swam right to the back and there was a bit that wound up. It was about 5 metres or so, around the same amount that I swam to get down here. I swam up thinking it would take me back to shore or something. But when I reached the top, I realised I was in the other cave that I couldn't get into before. It all became a bit clearer. But there was still some obstacles in the way of this. How come it shone for me? I wondered as I swam back down to the bottom of the cave. I came out and flicked the switch back and the cave locked. I swam all the way back to shore.

I opened the door and walked in. It was quite silent. I walked into the kitchen and I found my mum dishing up some cheesy pasta and putting it on give plates.

"Hey mum," I said.

"Hi, your just in time for dinner." She said, "Could you tell Olivia and Harry please?"

I nodded then ran up the stairs to tell them.

"Where's dad?" I asked when we returned.

"Gone to pick up the car with Fred." mum replied.

"Fred?" I asked.

"Yeah, that taxi driver that dropped us off here. Remember?"

"Oh yeah, him."

After dinner I went to my room to make sure I had everything I needed for tomorrow. "Stop stressing, you'll be fine," Olivia said coming into the room. "I wish I was as confident as you." I replied.

><

That night, I lay on my bed thinking. What if I don't make any friends? What if everyone hates me? I cna't even remember my first day at school back home. I guess I made friends because everybody else was new too. What happens if I get bullied? What if I really don't like it here and we move back to Nottingham? Don't get me wrong I'd really love to go back to Nottingham, but my mum said we were trying it out for a month, If I don't like it, dad will have to quit his new job and take back his old one in Nottingham, and he really hates his boss at that firm.

I need to fit in. I have to try, try make friends. For dad's sake at least. I can't make dad go back when getting that promotion was the best thing that ever happened to him since he started being a lawyer. I won't just do it for myself, I'll do it for dad. I owe him that much. It took me some convincing to come out here, dad will just be miserable if he has to go back to his old job. I'll do it for dad. I will.

-------------

A/N:

Hi monkeys! Did you like it? Let me know in the comments below!

Trailer for this book is on the side! >>>>>

Vote, comment, share?

~Gemma x