Ocean Blue- Chapter 4

A mermaid. A mermaid. Was I seeing things? I blinked. She was still there. A girl with long blonde hair that was wet and kind of matted from all the sea water. And a tail. A beautiful blue and green coloured tail swished throught the water by her side.

"Swimming through the ocean without a care," she sang.

She had a beautiful voice. She saw me and swam away. But I swam after her, if I've seen a mermaid I wasn't going to let it slip away. Uh uh. I thought mermaid were a myth. And unless I was hallucinating, I definitely saw a mermaid.

"Wait!" I called.

The mermaid kept swimming but she was swimming to the top of the cave. There was no way out there. When I got to the top I saw her.

"Hello." I said.

She slowly turned to look at me.

"Um, uh.. hello," she replied, nervously.

"What's your name?"

"Sara."

"What a beautiful name, Sara. My name is Cassie.

She smiled, but she looked unsure. "Whats the matter"?

"Hmm.." she trailed off.

"Oh, um, hey?" A voice said from behind me. I turned and saw a guy behind me. He had dark brown hair, which was wet because he'd been underwater, and amazing brown eyes. Quite honestly, he looked hot.

"Oh, hi," I said.

"Erm, yeah, so you met Sara?"

"Yeah," I said, with a quick glance at Sara. "Yeah, you know her?"

"Yeah, I met her yesterday." He said, "I'm Zac," He held out his hand.

"Hey Zac, I'm Cassie." I shook his hand. Then I snapped my eyes away from his and turned my attention to Sara. "I love your tail." I said, staring at the gorgeous blue-green tail, splashing the water ever so softly by her side.

"Thank you," She smiled, "You both seem like such nice people. I need your help."

"O-our help?" Zac stuttered.

"Yes, well you see, I swam away from home, and my father is not happy, he's been searching for me for days."

"Why did you swim away?" I asked softly.

"Because I'm pregnant, and If my father finds out he'll go crazy."

"Oh." Zac and I said in sync.

"So, will you help me?"

><

I was putting books in my locker after school when Zac came up to me.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey," I smiled.

"So, do you swim a lot?"

"Yeah, It takes my mind off things." I said, shutting my locker.

He laughed, "Yeah, me too. Erm, can we have lunch later? To discuss if we're gonna help Sara or not."

"Yeah, sure," I smiled.

"Great, i'll see you later then."

He really was gorgeous. He had styled his hair up and he was kinda tanned. I was looking forward to lunch now. I smiled and walked down the corridor to class. 

><

I smiled as Zac came towards me in the canteen. I was standing in the queue for salad. He came and stood next to me.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey."

We were quiet the whole time standing in the queue. We ony started to talk about Sara when we sat down.

"So what are we gonna do?" Zac asked.

"Well, why shouldn't we help her?" I asked.

Zac came out with three reasons why we shouldn't and two why we should.

"I suppose your right." I said piercing my salad with my fork.

By the end of lunchtime we had decided to help her.

"Meet you at the cave at 4?" Zac asked

"Yeah, i'll be there."

I was excited as I walked home. Zac and me were talking more now and he wasn't shy anymore. I was really happy. Zac was amazing. I couldn't wait to get to the beach and see him again, swim with him. But when I arrived home. That thought was shattered. My parents were arguing. That was odd. My parents never argue. I ran upstairs and into Olivia's room where I found her sitting on her bed.

As soon as I got home I changed into my swim suit then waited on the rocks for Zac. I didn't have to wait long though as he came wandering over the beach towards me. I stood up and smiled as he approched.

"Hi, we going in?"

"Yeah." We both jumped in and headed for the cave. When we got into the cave and above the water level we looked around.

"Sara?" He called.

I heard a splash behind me and I looked around. Sara was there looking at us both.

I looked at Zac.

"I need your help," she whispered.

"What with?" Zac asked.

"My dad.. I swam away from home because he was angry at me and I got mad. He's come looking for me. I can't go back because i've joined a new family..." Her voice trailed off.

"Can't you just explain to them?" Zac asked.

"No. You see.. my dad's not like that. I'm only 16,"

"Oh." I said. "Where do we come in?" Sara just looked at me so I rephrased the question.

"Can you try keep my dad away?"

"How?" Zac asked, "He'll swim a mile if he saw us. Were humans."

"Exactly."

"So what exactly are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"Get him away by swimming up to him or something."

We nodded and spoke for a bit longer about it. I honestly didn't know if it would work but I was willing to give it a try.

------------------

A/N:

Hey Monkeys!

Just wanted to say thank you for all your support so far! So, thank you! :)

And, the trailer to this book is on the side >>>>>

Vote, commment, share?

~Gemma x