EIGHTEEN - I Need Some Time

"Hey, Tyler, can I speak with you in the hall for a little bit? There's some defensive stuff I want to discuss," Flower tugged on the edge of Tyler's jersey sleeve.

She flashed him a wide grin and nodded, following his shoulder pads out of the locker room and into the nearest hallway. She allowed Flower to shut the door behind her and turned to face him, only to find that he disappeared and Tanger replaced him. She tensed and attempted to squeeze past him but he pushed her back.

"Tyler, please talk to me," He begged, his voice gentle and wary.

She sighed and stepped back, folding her arms across her chest, "Fine. What do you have to say?"

Tanger slipped a shaky sigh between his teeth and rocked his weight from foot to foot. He rubbed at his knuckles and nodded to himself, whispering something for encouragement. "Ty, I broke up with Amanda and-"

Tyler snorted, "And what? You think just because you broke up with that psycho that you automatically win me over?"

Tanger shook his head, "No, Tyler. That's not what I thought. I just...wanted to apologize."

"Alright. Give it your best shot."

Tanger sighed again, "I'm sorry for sleeping with you and then running back to Amanda with my tail between my legs. I'm sorry I said that it was just sex. It wasn't. It was more than that. I loved you. I still love you."

Tyler closed her eyes and squeezed her temples. "I can't, do this, Tanger. Just leave me alone for a little bit, okay? I need some time."