FIVE - You're Nervous?

Tyler rocked from skate to skate between Sidney and David Perron, the toe of her stick lodged in her mouth, teeth nibbling on it lightly. She observed without word as her teammates practiced a rushing drill. On occasion, she'd make a soft comment to Sid and David but, other than that, scrutinized every move her fellow Penguins made.

"Alright! Next group!" Johnston beckoned.

"Come on, Sid," Tyler mumbled and bumped her hip against Sid's. She twisted so that she skated backwards, a daring expression decorated on her face.

Sid followed her close and sent light punches into her shoulders with his fists but departed a moment later. He took his correct position on the ice with the puck on his stick. Tyler pivoted on her skates and was about to pick up her pace when she ran headfirst into a body.

She tipped backwards but managed to grab a hold of whoever she ran into. Unfortunately, she tugged him down with her, causing the pair to crash to the ice.

"Watch it, pipsqueak!" Heavy laughter bubbled from the lips of Kris Letang's mouth and Tyler felt herself blush. Tanger's laugh was something she had never heard before and decided at this moment that she wanted to hear it again every day for the rest of her life.

It was soft despite how hard he was laughing and it was filled to the brim with delight. It was meaningful, definitely not fake. And it was contagious. Tyler started to laugh herself, her body smashed against Tanger's, gloved hand pressed against his chest. Their legs were tangled together.

When the laughter died away, their eyes found each other's. Tyler's deep blue gaze found the puppy-dog brown of Tanger's and something stirred inside Tyler. Her smile faltered and a nervous hiccup echoed from her mouth, causing Letang to chuckle.

"What was that?" He smirked.

"I hiccup when I'm nervous," She whispered.

"You're nervous?"

Someone cleared their throat and the pair looked up to find Sidney standing tall above them. He tapped his stick against Tyler's shoulder and urged her to get up, to which she hastily obliged. She dusted the ice off of her jersey, cast a coy glance at Tanger, before setting herself up for the drill.

Tanger waddled into the locker room with Flower at his side after practice finished. They chatted casually and some deep part of Kris was happy Flower didn't bring up his collision with Tyler. He had no idea what to say about the moment. He didn't even have an idea on how he felt about it. All he knew was that Tyler's smile was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen and her nervous hiccups made his stomach flip.

As he passed Tyler's empty stall (she was still out on the ice. She liked to stay later), Kris noticed something on the top shelf. He reached above and pulled down a taped puck that read First NHL Goal.

"You just noticed that?" Flower said behind him, peering over his shoulder.

"Just?" Tanger coughed, turning the puck over in his hands.

Flower snorted, "She keeps that puck in her stall every day. Takes it down before every game and gives it a little kiss. She looks over at your stall, too."

Tanger breathed out a nervous chuckle and placed the puck back on the shelf.

"You haven't noticed?"

Tanger shook his head.

"Well, I told you she wouldn't forget about it, Tanger."

---

ALRIGHT I decided to post two chapters today because both of them are fairly short and I'm just too excited about it all.

Please leave comments and also give it a vote !! Thank you !! I love you all C: <3