I didn't want to be the one to say it, but I had to be. Her and Nathan had been together nearly eight months now and she had slowly started to become a new person.

I was scared I couldn't keep up.

"You think?" She sniffs wiping a tear.

I hated when she cried but I couldn't be cuddly Harry right now, I was too angry.

"We just aren't the same, you never contact me unless I do first, you only ever tell me about how drunk you were the night before, and you haven't asked how I am in about ten months.. I don't like it."

She looks away and wipes another tear. "I guess I've been caught up in myself, I haven't cared about anyone else." She admits.

"I miss the old you, Es."

She bites her lip and I hear her door open. Nathan asks what's wrong before she tells him she's on FaceTime to me.

He appears on the screen beside Esther. "Harry! You alright?"

I cough. "Great man, yourself?"

"I'm good thanks, fetched Esther some food you know.. Get those boyfriend points."

I force a laugh before he leaves the screen to plate up Esther's food.

"I'll er, I'll let you go. Enjoy your day."

"Harry," Esther sighs.

I look up at her and she wipes another tear.

"I don't want us to fall out, I love you, you're my best friend. You've got to know that. You've got to know that me going on this holiday doesn't mean I think less of our friendship or that I don't want to be friends with you,"

"Yeah,"

Her lip trembles but I can tell she's holding back the tears. "You're mad at me," She cries.

"I'm not mad," I sigh. "I'm just.. I don't even know Es. I don't know anything anymore."

"I feel really bad now,"

I couldn't tell Esther to not feel bad, or that it was okay because it wasn't. She knew that because usually I would tell her to stop crying, that it was okay.. But this time, this time I stayed silent.

"I'll get over it," I shrug.

"I love you Harry,"

And for the first time, in around three years, it was the first time I didn't say it back.

I do love Esther, but right now.. I couldn't love her. I couldn't do anything. I'm sick of feeling this way.

"Yeah," I finally answer a few seconds later.

When she realises I'm not going to say it back she begins to cry harder and I can't let myself physically watch. "Bye, Es." I end the FaceTime and place my phone on charge before turning over and falling to sleep.

.  .  .

Esther's POV

"You okay babe?" Nathan stood at my door with a tray.

I had been sat for the past couple of minutes trying to pull myself together and get over the fact Harry just ended a call without saying I love you. He's always said it, no matter how upset.

I smiled at how cute Nathan looked. Wiping my tears I quickly take a photo of him looking all adorable before he places it on my lap.

"Argument with Harry,"

He comes round my bed and sits beside me as I eat. "I gathered.. Want to tell me about it?"

I sigh. "I told him about our holiday. Said I won't be able to fly out to him."

"Oh.. How did he take it?"

I swallow the tears as I remember how hurt he looked. He hadn't looked that hurt in a very long time. "I'm not his favourite person right now,"

"Of course you are," Nathan encourages. "It's just a little hard for him. He misses you and would obviously like you to go over,"

"Are you trying to make me feel worse?" I laugh.

Nathan shakes his head. "Just trying to see both sides.. We could post-pone our holiday.."

"No, it's fine. Harry will come around it's just.. He said I've changed, that our friendships changed and I guess that's bothered me more than anything."

"Do you feel it's changed?"

I nod. "I've been an awful best friend to him, I'm scared I'll lose him for good now,"

Nathan kisses me quickly. "You haven't lost him, it's Harry. Like you said, he'll come around eventually."

And although I wanted to be confident in what he said, I deep down knew that this holiday had caused a huge curveball in mine and Harry's friendship.

And I was scared that this was now just the beginning of the end for us.

A/N:

How did you guys like Esther's POV?? I like writing it in Harry's but felt it was time for a bit of Esther. Should I do more of Esther or keep it all in Harry's POV? Let me know.

I've decided Emma Watson will be who I choose for Esther. I just need someone for Nathan now so, suggestions please!

Vote & comment etc, thank you!

Hope you enjoyed! Xx