29;

A/N:

I think Coldplay - Fix You is perfect for this chapter(you'll understand later.)

Got emotional writing this chapter I won't lie!

Hope you enjoy, comment & vote, thanks!
Laura xx

. . .

The time Esther took a dip.

March 2014 was a crazy time, tour was well underway and I couldn't have been happier. Kendall and I kind of.. Drifted? If that's what you want to call it.

We were good friends but it just didn't seem right for me, or her. I wish her the best, and she's a beautiful girl but, it just wasn't there whatever I was looking for.

I was backstage hanging out, these times are the only time we get to catch up on what's going on in the world as well as when we get off stage but that's also the most exhausting time.

We had done our meet and greet and were all ready for the show in an hour. I was reading through tweets and carefully clicking on fans twitters when my phone began to ring. It wasn't a number I knew so I was cautious about answering it.

"Hello..?"

"Harry, hi. It's me, Nathan."

Nathan and I established that we would never be the best of friends, I think even though he said he didn't mind me and Esther being best friends, he still held a little jealous demon; he'd take her on 'spontaneous' dates when we had plans, surprise her with holidays and call her a few times whenever she was with me.

He thought he would get to me, but he didn't. My relationship with Esther bothers him more than their relationship bothers me, because if it ever came down to it, Esther would choose me, and he knows it.

"Oh, hi Nathan. You okay?"

"Yeah," He sighs. "I'm alright, you?"

"I'm great, just about to go on,"

"Oh yeah, course."

There was an awkward silence for a moment.

"Can I ask why you're calling Nathan?"

"Erm, well.. It's kind of hard for me to do this, but I've tried everything."

Immediately I sit up and frown. "What's wrong with Esther?" I could feel my gut clenching, my intuition was all off. I had spoken to her just last night and she was absolutely fine, there seemed to be nothing wrong with her.

"That's the thing," Nathan sighs again. "I don't even know what's wrong with her. She just so.. Distant."

I start panicking thinking about every conversation we've had. She did refuse FaceTime constantly and only accept calls but I just assumed she was busy.

"Right, after the show I'll fly home. Is she home?"

"Yeah, she hasn't been to uni in four days."

"God, okay. I'll be home soon."

"Thanks man,"

"Yeah,"

. . . .

I was met by the frost of England the second I stepped off the jet. I had to fly privately in order to be home and see Esther as quick as possible. The driver was waiting for me as I walked out and nodded as soon as I sat in the car.

Arriving home, I hug my mum, drop my bag off and change. My mum basically shoved food down my throat before I left out for Esther's.

Tracey gives me a sad smile as soon as she sees me, I give her a hug and walk inside and up the stairs.

I knock a couple times and open Esther's door, she was laying on her bed in the corner curled into a ball.

"Es," I whisper just about.

It was happening all over again.

She turns and looks over at me. "Harry?"

I slowly make my way to her bed and sit beside her, I brush some hair out of her face. "Es, it's happening again."

"How come you're here?" She ignores me and turns back into her ball.

"Because I love you,"

She shakes her head. "No one can love me,"

I take her hand, it felt cold and lifeless. "I can,"

"I'm better off just sat in this room for the rest of my life, I'm not needed by anyone. I'm useless, worthless even,"

"I need you," I kiss her hand. "I need you more than I have ever needed anyone in my whole life."

She shakes her head again. "You just want to make me feel better,"

I wipe a tear from my cheek. "I want you better, Es."

"Nathan is cheating on me,"

My entire body freezes. "What?"

She shrugs. "Some girl in his class whose prettier and smarter than me, he studies with her, well he says he does."

"That doesn't make sense, he called me, he told me to check up on you,"

She laughs but it was a dark, almost intimidating laugh. "He doesn't care about me. You're off on tour, with people who love you, my family is broken, my relationship is broken, I'm just a broken person."

I slide into bed and hug her from behind. "I'll make you whole, I promise."

"You shouldn't be here Harry."

"I should,"

And as Esther fell to sleep, her hands slowly slipped into mine. I held her for as long as I could until I fell asleep too. I wasn't sure why she was going back into this, but I sure as hell wasn't going to leave until she was back out of it.