8;

The time Esther got her first boyfriend.

I had been to Marbella with the boys four out judges houses audition, and we found out we got through to the live shows. I couldn't really believe it, I was in some kind of dream world.

When I returned home I had to repack as I was going on a family holiday to France within the following 24 hours.

It was nice to be away and spend time with my family, but I couldn't wait to be home with Esther.

We arrived home around 2pm and I was standing on Esther's doorstep by 2:30, I had missed her a lot.

The second she opens the door she pulls me into a hug. "I missed you so much,"

We hadn't seen each other in nearly three weeks, and for us that was a long time.

I had bought Esther a bracelet whilst on holiday and the second she saw it she smiled, I fastened it on for her wrist and she admired it for a few seconds before sitting beside me on her bed.

"So I have something to tell you,"

I didn't like the sound of this, whenever she said this it always ended up with me feeling awful.

"Okay," I swallow.

"I have a boyfriend,"

I'm instantly sent into shock, my entire body numb as she goes on to tell me his name, where she met him, how amazing he is.. but I didn't hear it, any of it.

Esther has a boyfriend.

Coming out of my daydream I hear Esther finish her sentence.

"..And yeah, I decided why not I mean, it's not like there's a queue of guys after me or anything."

I nod but I couldn't really take any of it in.

I had never had this before, almost 'sharing' Esther with another guy, it's always been me and her. When Niall got her number I felt physically sick but he told me she wouldn't ever text back so he stopped trying, but now, now she's actually into someone, with someone.

Esther has a boyfriend.

"So, how was Marbella? Apart from the amazing news of getting through, I'm so proud of you."

I couldn't really understand how she was acting as if everything was okay, as if her having a boyfriend wasn't a big deal, it was a huge deal and I'm sat here heartbroken whilst she carries on.

"Harry? You okay? You look really pale," Esther touches my forehead. "You're a bit clammy,"

"Uh, I.. I don't know, maybe it's something I ate, I don't know."

She looks concerned for a minute before smiling. "Lie down on my bed and I'll go get you some water, okay?"

I lay down and stare at her wall. What if she falls in love with this guy? What if when I go to X Factor she forgets about me?

Over the past three years or so, I have experienced everyone with Esther, my whole teenage years have been spent by her side, to wake up and not text or call her, or be able to just sit with her and tell her everything would be the end of the world for me, I can't lose Esther.

"Here you go," She hands me some water and I thank her taking a sip, water was the last thing I needed but anything to keep me distracted.

"I spent a lot of time with Lily while you were away,"

"Oh yeah?" I smile slightly.

She nods. "I think she might have a crush on you,"

I scoff. The last thing Lily has is a crush on me. Lily and I are basically brothers, we watch football together, drink Robin's beer together and have burping contests.

"What makes you think that?"

Esther shrugs. "She just mentioned you quite a bit to me,"

I smile, Lily was only doing this because she knows how I feel about Esther. "I don't think Lily has a crush on me Es, if she did she'd tell me straight up, you know what she's like,"

Esther laughs. "Yeah, I guess so. Plus, I'd hate for her to be the number one girl in your life,"

I roll my eyes. "That place is yours, you know that Es,"

She throws a pillow at me. "And you know you're the number one guy in my life,"

I smile but all I could about was; for how long?