Mordu

Merida and Hiccup let the worry meant of their future behind them and continued living their lives to the fullest. But Merida started feeling even more guilty of what happened when they first met every time she looked at Hiccup's artificial leg. Hiccup notices how bad Merida feels about his leg, and he always tries to reassure her, but it never works.
Hey what do you want to do today Merida? Merida looked down and was very quiet, I don't know, can we stay at the river all day today?... Hiccup sighed and weakly smiled, sure!... Hey what's wrong? And I know that I asked you that already five times, but this time I want a real answer, not "I am fine"! Merida turned to him, I can't just sit their looking at you in agony by your leg sometimes! I can't stand it anymore seeing you like this! Hiccup scowls, Merida.. I told you that it only hurts when the fake leg is lose, and also I learned to live with it and THAT WAS ABOUT FOURTEEN YEARS AGO... It wasn't your fault at all for what happened! Merida stands up and turns away from him, the only reason I hunted and practiced every day with my bow, was so that it could avenge you... I am going to end my fiery now! Before Hiccup could respond, Merida ran off through the trees, MERIDA!!!!! Hiccup yells after her, and runs behind her trying to keep up... But... Eventually... Becomes lost!
Hiccup found himself in a dark part of the forest, he pulls out his fire sword and lights it but can't see or hear anything, Merida?...
Merida kept running because she knew Hiccup was following her, but she realized that he wasn't anymore. Merida got worried, she darted back the same way she came until she found toothless, but no sign of Hiccup!
Hiccup started walking back, he found himself close to an old and abandoned castle, Hiccup thought he could get a better view of the forest from high ground, so Hiccup climbed to the highest tower on the castle, but before he could reach it, he fell through the roof of the castle! When Hiccup got up, he found himself standing in a pile of bones! Grrrrr... Hiccup heard and he shivered. It was the same sound he heard when he was attacked when he was little... Hiccup heard the noise get louder , Hiccup had his hand on his sword knowing that it.. Was.. Mordu!
Merida was still searching for Hiccup when she heard a terrifying yell, IT WAS HICCUP! Merida followed the yell until she ended up in the castle watching in agony as the beast Mordu was hitting at Hiccup with its huge paws, and Hiccup was cutting and burning it with his sword, which only seemed to make the bear even more mad and menacing. Merida shot her bow at the bear many times, but it did no good... Hiccup was bleeding everywhere and running from the bear and to Merida, MERIDA!!! She finally pulled him out with all of her strength, and they were running back to toothless when Hiccup stopped and sat against a tree closing his eyes and breathing heavily. Merida ran over and saw him clenching his wound, hehe Hiccup said weakly, I guess he didn't just want my leg... Merida smiled with a tear of relief and sadness, Hiccup looked over at her and wiped her tears away, I am fine Merida! Hiccup giggled, I am so sorry though she said, Hiccup shrugged, it was my fault anyway, but it would be very nice if you brought me to a doctor... Hiccup said while pointing to his wound, and smirking.
The next four weeks past and Hiccup finally recovered. Hiccup was still very shaken up since then, Merida too.

The two spent many years together and many years following that. Merida's and Hiccup's parents accepted the two of them to be together, which had made the clans a lot friendlier to each other. Hiccup and Merida married and shared the kingdom by bringing Berk in with them. Hiccup found out who he was, and Merida found her fate.