Broken

Merida was waiting for a while, Where is he? Hiccup and Merida had agreed to each try to persuade Hiccup's father to not cause war with Dunbroch, but they had no success, so they tried over and over again until Hiccup decided to go on his own to ask his father.
Dad please, trust me for once! I know she is the daughter of your enemies, but that was TEN YEARS AGO!!! Hiccup yells... Son.... Hiccup's father sighs, I know we haven't seen them in a long time son... But look what happens to you when you met their daughter! Hiccup scowls at his father, It.. Was.. A.. Bear!!! I caused this... I jumped infro... Hiccup's eyes widened and he gulped, his father stared at him with devilish eyes. You told me she moved out of the bear's way and let it attack you! Hiccup sighs, I only said that so you wouldn't hurt me even more for being so foolish.. But now I realize that I should've told you because we are friends and you are causing a war... Hiccup puts his head down and disappears out the door.
Merida didn't see Hiccup for weeks, but Merida found out that the clans of both Dunbroch and Berk put their past behind them and mended their bond. The next week, Merida was out picking berries and hunting when she heard Loud splashes coming from the river near by, when Merida got there, she saw it was Hiccup! Aye there! What's up huh, haven't seen ye in a we bit while, Merida realized something was wrong, Hiccup wasn't facing her so she pulled him to face her, Oh my god! What happened to you?! Hiccup's face was bruised and cut. He sorry, If I worried you for a while, Toothless and I were in a flying exercise and we sorta..fell hehe. Hiccup laughed a little, then Merida pushed him in the water. Hey! Merida was laughing You should have told me, you we lamb! I was worried! Hiccup smirked, Well stop worryin then he pulled her In the water. Merida splashed at him, Hey thanks for talking to your dad, I am so happy that we don't have to hide our friendship any longer, Merida said.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and months turned into years for the two friends. They would meet everyday in the forest where Merida taught Hiccup how to hunt and Hiccup taught her all about dragons and riding them. Merida loved being with Hiccup and Toothless, but her friendship with him was becoming stronger in a different way...