"Alright, let's get going." I sigh in exhaustion and I freeze in my tracks when he simply stares at me and makes a weird look. "What?" I ask and stare at him as if he's crazy when he reaches over to my face and wipes something from my lip.

"You had a little bit of something there." He chuckles and I give him an awkward look. "What?"

"You just touched me." I reply and he raises an eyebrow.

"So?"

I scoff. "That isn't something a normal person does so casually."

"Whatever." He says before turning around and walks towards where his motorcycle is parked. I watch him for a few seconds before I follow along and eye the seat behind him when he climbs on. "Well?" He questions and I knock out of my trance as I look up at him.

"Right, sorry." I throw my right leg over the bike and quickly grab onto his shoulders as I lose my balance. His back tenses as I do so and I mentally smack myself as I finally manage to take a seat behind him.

"Alright, now you can either just grab onto my shoulders or wrap your arms around my waist. Which do you prefer?" He asks as he unties the helmet from the bike and I furrow my eyebrows as there is only one.

"Do you, by any chance, have another helmet?" I question in a worried tone and he chuckles as he responds with the word 'no' which makes me frown. "But what about me? I don't want to die." I whine.

He laughs a little louder and my frown deepens when he hands the helmet over to me. "I brought this one for you. I never wear a helmet, it makes it harder to see the road in my opinion. Besides, you won't die if you choose to wrap your arms around my waist. Just hold on tight and you should be fine, but don't squeeze my guts out either. I want to be able to breathe along the way." He comments and I place the helmet on top of my head before I clip it in place.

"Alright." I reply as I wrap my arms around his waist and press my chest against his back. He makes the engine roar twice and my breath hitches at my throat when he kicks the kickstand and drives off onto the road. I shut my eyes and tighten my hold on him when he rides too fast for my liking and makes harsh turns, causing the bike to tilt slightly.

"Loosen your hold a bit!" He shouts but I can barely hear him over the loud engine and the wind whooshing against my ears.

"What!?" I shout back and widen my eyes when I feel his hand touching mine. "Grab onto the bike!" I shriek and feel the vibration of his laughter when I let go with one hand and smack him.

I immediately place it around his waist again the moment I almost fall backwards and hold on with all my might, not wanting to let go as I shut my eyes tightly. A few fear tears slide down my face and I don't realize that we reached our location until he grabs my hands to make me let go.

I open my eyes again and sigh in relief when the engine is shut off already. I hop off the bike and wait for him to step off as well, but he doesn't. "Aren't you going to get off?" I ask but he seems to be dazed off and he quickly shakes his head then gets off.

He silently asks for the helmet when he points at it and I unclip it before handing it over to him. I shake my hair a little and frown when he makes a face that shows that he is trying to hold in his laughter. I raise an eyebrow at him when a deep chuckle escapes his lips and he motions to my hair with his hand before bursting into laughter.

Rolling my eyes at him, I turn to walk away and go up towards the door of the three story house, belonging to my mother's boyfriend. I leave behind a laughing weirdo and knock on the door, going inside when given permission.

I spot my mother and Mr. Mendoza sitting on the couch and I hastily go to sit down across from them on the other couch.

"Where's Alexander?" Mr. Mendoza questions with his eyebrows creased and I shrug.

"He's outside laughing at I don't know what the fu- I mean, he's outside laughing for some reason Im not really aware of." I reply and feel a blush creep up my neck when I was so close to cussing in front of him.

He clears his throat, my mother grinning. I turn away from her when she makes me feel awkward and I look elsewhere. "Perhaps, it's the way your hair is styled?" He speaks up.

"Styled?" I pout and he nods his head. "But I just left it down in its natural state."

"That isn't your natural hair, I've seen it plenty of times. Take a few moments to go check yourself in the bathroom." He gestures for me to go and I nod before doing as told, getting up and making my way towards the bathroom.

Entering the bathroom, I look up at the mirror and grimace when I see that there are hairs sticking up everywhere. "Ugh." I grunt and wet my hands to try and tame it down a little. It takes a lot of finger combing before it looks decent enough and I step back out of the bathroom.

I go to sit down on the couch again but stop in my tracks when Alexander already took my seat. I glare at him openly and sit down beside him.

There's nothing but silence, an awkward grin from my mother, and an annoying guy beside me.

Great. I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "So what are the so called news Alexander notified me about?" I finally ask, breaking the silence, and my mom's grin grows wider as Mr. Mendoza looks over at her and smiles as well.

"Well," he starts.

"We're engaged!" My mother shouts happily and my eyes widen when she extends out her hand, showing the diamond ring around her finger.

"What?" I ask, lost for words.

"What you heard, sweetie." She beams at me and a smile slowly forms on my lips.

"Im happy for you, mom." I speak truthfully and she stands up, opening her arms for me. I get up as well and wrap my arms around her body as her's wrap around me.

"I love you, sweetheart." She says beside my ear and I close my eyes, savoring the moment.

"I love you too, mom."

"Oh, and one more thing." She pulls away from me and smiles sheepishly.

"What is it?" I raise an eyebrow but she doesn't answer me, instead she looks back at her soon-to-be-husband.

He opens his mouth to speak. "You and your mother will both be moving in with us." My jaw drops. What?

"Uhh..." I trail off as Alexander speaks his own mind, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Me and her," He motions between us. "are going to live in a house together?"

Our parents simply nod their head and we turn to look at each other. "Sweet." He grins while I grumble.

Kill me now, please.

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

Well that concludes Chapter 1 of Stepbrother. I hope you all enjoyed so far! Until next time!

❤︎Much Love with Hugs & Kisses❤︎

Kimmy Hers 💋