32) This Might Not Make Sense, If I Don't Explain It

Start from the beginning

Now I was kind of shocked. I believed in my dreams but I thought that there would be something different... I mean, it was weird.

"What else?" I asked.

"Well... follow me." She replied and we all followed her to a free path on the opposite side of the wood, where there was supposed to be the coast.

The beach was beautiful, the sand was of a light brown, soft and not hot at all. The blue ocean was shining below the sunset, letting the sun reflect on it. But what surprised me was when I looked up: There was a an house made of dark hood on the beach.

"What's this?" I asked, turning to Alexa, who just handed me something metallic. I looked down to realize it was a key.

"Your new home." She responded with a smile.

I let out a laugh in disbelief and looked back at the house. It was nice, seemed comfortable, but did she really mean it? Was it going to be the place I'd live in for the rest of my days? I was okay with it, but it didn't seem real. I guess it's not easy to fathom being in a whole new world and seeing your brand new house is like accepting that your life's gonna change radically.

"There are other two houses like this, you know? But they're in different sites of the island, not very far from here though. One for us five." Alexa explained, gesturing between the four siblings and the pilot of the helicopter "And an emergency one. This one is for you, Justin, Alex and Brian, if it weren't obvious."

"But you guys are welcome to us whenever you want." Sam added, causing all Gabe, Angela and Alexa to nod.

"Wait, we're gonna live together?" Brian asked, uncomfortable and a little annoyed.

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?" Alexa asked.

I frowned at Brian until it clicked my head that it would mean sharing a house with Justin, who wasn't really in good terms with him. I let out a noise of realization as Brian tried to protest. Justin simply leaned his back on the wall of the house, not really caring. He was probably just approaching the fact that he would have to deal with Brian's moody ways. Alex was silent, as always, but he looked pretty at ease, relaxed.

"Brian." I called, causing him to turn to me quickly.

"Don't question it. You're going to be fine. Getting along is not as hard as you make it out to be." I assured. He clenched his jaw but sighed, nodding slowly. Ha, he gave in finally.

"Wait, you're sharing with the pilot?" Justin asked. Oh, I didn't even notice.

"Um yeah about that, he's not only the pilot. He's our father." Alexa explained, smiling slightly. That's when the pilot took his sunglasses off and dropped that tough man attitude, smiling a little while looking down at me.

"My name is Tom." He introduced, reaching out his hand for me to shake, which I did. He seemed cool.

"I think there's a few things you should know about me..." He started and found a stump to sit on. he took a deep breath and locked eyes with me.

"One of the two men that found this island, about fourteen years ago, was me. The other one was... your father." My jaw dropped at that. I was beyond shocked. My father?! My dad had been here?! No, that couldn't be true. He was lying.

"My dad doesn't-"

"Let me finish." he said. I obliged, though I was a little irritable at the moment... but mostly confused.

"We were a great duo, kind of best friends we can say..." he smiled to himself at the memories.

"Through a mission, we found this island by mistake, just like Columbus found America. Funny, isn't it?" Bullshit.