Chapter 1

"You're adopted." Hermiones 'father' Shouted in an argument. Hermiones 'mother' went of crying. Thats how she found out her own secret. 

That day was 2 years ago, she has discovered everything about herself. She is a pureblood, her mother and father are very traditional, Although she does wish she knew them personally. Dumbledore himself has said its best if she doesn't. She is intrigued to discover more. She has asked many people about it, but no one has told her anything, not even Sirius, Hagrid or McGonagall. She has pleaded many teachers and talked to many of her pureblood friends, but no one will spill a syllable.

One day Hermione saw an owl she had never seen before tap across her clear windows, the owl was black with exotic green eyes, the eyes somewhat reminded her of Harry. It has her name written beautifully with a light green pen, contrasting with the black envelope. The owl dropped the envelope onto her wooden desk and flew away. Her curiosity vented but she decided to leave it for later, no matter how brave she was she knows better than to open a mysterious letter by herself. 

She walked into the hall by herself hoping to find Harry or Ron, but saw Luna lazily looking down at her homework on the Ravenclaw table. Hermione quickly walked over there, not looking at the Slytherin table on her way. 

"Hey mudblood! Going to hang out with Looney Lovegood!" Draco Malfoy shouted to Hermione. 

"For your information, I am pure blood, I was adopted when I was just 2 months old, so shove that mudblood crap up your arse!" Hermione shouted very annoyed. Blaise tried to calm Draco's shocked face.

"What is it, Draco?" His great friend, Blaise questioned. 

"I didn't think she knew." Draco whispered back then left the table. 

"Granger! I need to talk to you!" Draco shouted to the Ravenclaw table where Hermione was now helping the young witch with her homework. Hermione apologised to Luna and walked past the Slytherin table with Draco. 

"Who are you parents?" Draco asked quickly. Hermione suddenly realised, some of her worst enemies were arrogant purebloods.

"Merlin! Why would I tell you!" She gasped.

"Because I can help you, I am a pure blood, remember? My parents are friends with... Many... Pure blood families." He tried to explain. 

"What do you know, Malfoy! I swear if you don't tell me I will crucio you!" She shouted at the tall Slytherin boy. 

"Nothing!" He lied, something Slytherins were professional at. 

"Why would you want to help me then?" She whispered. 

"Because..." He started, trying to think up a convincing lie.

" I might as well, it won't do me any damage." He said quietly, he had to admit, it wasn't a very convincing lie. 

"You do any good would cause you damage, Malfoy. Besides, I don't know." Suddenly the letter she remembered had clicked into her brain. 

"I got a letter earlier, it was in a dark envelope, and had mint green writing on it, it was very well written." Hermione told the Slytherin. 

"Well, meet be in front of the room of requirements at 11 tonight and I will see."

Hermione agreed and started to walk away.

"Granger, if anyone asks we were discussing that my owl went to your window instead of my own, something like that, do make it convincing though." He pleaded, and she nodded. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to tell people she just had a normal conversation with Draco.