Chapter 6

Hermiones POV- Day of the party

Me and Draco met at the only floo network at the school with our letters, we had both earlier decided it would be best to go together even if we were both invited anyway. Draco confirmed for me that Theodore was deffinetly going, as he saw him exit the Slytherin bathrooms in the elegant dresswear.

Draco looked dashing even if his clothes weren't the most stylish. He was wearing a jet black suit with a forest green tie, it was rather predictable of him but he still looked stunning, with the black suit contrasting with his pale skin. His sleeve on his left arm was being pulled down even more by his right hand, his obvious attempt to hide his dark mark. 

"No one will see it, stop worrying." I said quietly as we walked to the fireplace. 

I was wearing a lavender dress, with a single charmed flower on my shoulder, it would change colours from periwinkle to baby blue. I had my hair down, although it was slightly straighter than usual, I had another flower in my hair, once again charmed to change colour. 

"You look nice, Granger." Draco said quietly as he gave me a hand full of floo powder. 

"Wow, a compliment from Draco Malfoy? Thats good going. Besides, you look great too." I said confidently as I walked into the spring green embers.

The room was elegantly decorated, from all around you could see the farmiliar brown hair that Theodore has to match. You can clearly see some black hair and some pure blonde hair, which quite obviously belonged to Malfoy's. Malfoy emerged from beneath the large fireplace and came next to me. 

"Lets find April." Draco whispered in my ear. We slowly walked around, our heads up and Draco using his hight as a great advantage.

"Whats the Gryffindork doing here, Draco!?" Said Theodore Nott, who didn't yet know I was his cousin.

"Shes your cousin, Theo." Draco said sternly. I was surprised that Draco didn't suddenly turn against me when his friend got involved. Theodore's face was even more shocked than my own.

"I am April's daughter. In fact, Theodore, could you show us to April?" I asked patiently. Theodore was still in shock with the fact I am his cousin

"Fine" He said slowly and suspiciously led us to a lady, she looked around 30-35, which would make sense if she gave birth to me at a young age. She also had curly hair like mine but in a much darker shade of brown, she had the same eyes as Theodore, blue with flickers of amber and green.

"April, this is Hermione." Theodore said carefully and walked to Draco's side.

"Hermione!" April shouted and wrapped her arms around me, she was tall and skinny, as I would've guessed from looking at the rest of the family scattered around the room. Draco and Theodore engaged in coversation to leave the awkwardness to April and I.  "I must go, we are trying to cook the muggle way, I will see you at dinner, Hermione." April said and she gently strolled to the kitchen. 

"We should go and help her." Draco breathed in my ear, but instead of leading me to the kitchen he made a quick turn and we ended up in a cold study. 

Draco quickly kissed me, it was as if he needed the kiss more than wanted it. The kiss went on and by the end of it he was just standing there with me in his arms. It was all nice until there was a knock at the door, Draco opened the door and there was a little house elf ready to lead us for dinner. The house elf left again to tell everyone else. Draco kissed me once again and we just stood there for a while. After that Draco took my hand and we walked into the dining room, which was a very large room with a circular table in the middle. We were the last ones in, which surprised us, and by the time we went to sit we forgot Draco still had a grip on my hand. He let go as soon as he realised but we both knew that everyone in the room saw us holding hands. 

"Draco, is that your pathetic excuse of attempting to join The Order? Getting a boring mudblood girlfriend." A mysterious Malfoy said, he looked around 23 but he still looked like Draco, other than his hair was a darker shade of the famous blonde. 

"I am not joining the order, James." Draco said coldly. "Besides, Granger is not a mudblood or my girlfriend, and if she was then I'd have better standards than you." 

"Joining someone on the opposite side is barely better standards..." James started. 

"Enough!! Draco is just a boy, James leave him alone." Narcissa shouted. With that James did leave Draco alone. After dinner me and Draco returned to the study which we were in before. 

"Who was that?" I questioned Draco.

"James, he is Andromeda's son. He soon got the dark mark and he moved out as soon as he was of legal age." 

"Why did your Mother cover for us?" 

"My father is not here today, because he is constantly with Voldemort. My mother is sick of all this business with The Dark Lord and she doesn't care about her job as a Death Eater much at all these days. She cares a lot more about me than her job." Draco replied as if it were that simple. "Is that all your questions?" 

"Yes." I whispered and he kissed me gently again. The next interruption wasn't the house elf politely knocking at the door but it was James again. 

"Draco, step away from your mudblood." He whispered in a harsh tone. Draco didn't and he stepped in front of me instead.

"James, just fuck off." Draco said. "You know I am not going to join the order and my... Thing with Granger is hardly going to work well for either of us." 

"Why did you lie in front of your whole family?" James questioned suspiciously. 

"Shut up." Draco started. "I am not in a relationship with her, its complicated. Therefore I didn't lie." 

James got unreasonable and punched Draco in the face, Draco flinched but didn't retaliate. 

"JAMES! Leave Draco and Hermione alone! I need to talk to them!" said April in an angry tone. James left the room kicking the table on the way. "Oh dear, here let me fix that, dear." She said as she cast a healing spell on were Draco got punched. "Excuse me for being nosy but what is going on between you two?" she said pointing at both of us. 

"I don't know." Draco whispered. "Its time we got back to Hogwarts, April." Draco said carefully and April lead us to the fireplace. She said her goodbyes and April and I exchanged a hug then we left. 

As soon as we left the emerald embers I had to question Draco. 

"Draco, April is right, what is going on between us?" I whispered to make sure no one heard. He kissed me gently. 

"I still don't know." 

I kissed him back and it lasted a long time. Draco smiled and rested his head on mine with his hands on my waist, whereas I had my hands on his shoulders. We didn't move even when we heard the roar of the fireplace. 

"Oh hey guys, this is a hallway." We heard Theo shout. 

"Go away, Nott." Draco shouted then focused on me again. I knew it wouldn't last long, but it was enough for the moment.