epilogue

Epilogue

Ethan pov:

“Hey, hey, hey! Guess who’s here?” I exclaimed throughout the two story house that the two lovebirds have nested. Declan and Jay appeared at the balcony at the stairs, and both beamed at me. “Ethan!” Declan rushed to greet me with a man hug while Jay took her time, and when I saw why, my eyebrow shot up. “Wow…married for a couple years and already have a kid on the way!”

Jay blushed while Declan beamed put his arms around her then kissed her cheek. “And I couldn’t be more proud about it. And what about you? You’ve only dated this girl for what, six months? And I can see you two are engaged!”

I triumphantly hold up my fiancé, Jessica’s hand, which proudly held a diamond ring. “Yep! That’s because she is my sweetest sweetheart.” I swept her in my arm and started kissing her neck. I felt her cheeks flame up as she separated from me. “Ethan! Not in public.”

I chuckled, kissing her cheek, while admiring her cuteness. Jay complimented, “You two are so cute together. I’m so happy for both of you.”

Cal appeared suddenly, and he grinned when he saw me with my girl. “Bless my soul. Well if it isn’t Ethan Holloway! And you must be the wonderful Jessica Embers that Ethan has told us so much about in his calls.”

Jessica blushed while giving me a playful glare, to which I just kissed her cheek again for, and then Cal called out, “MJ son, do you remember Ethan?”

I was shocked but absolutely thrilled to see the kid MJ walk up, staring at me as if he was trying to remember. He rubbed his head then slowly nodded. “Uh…yeah, I think. Hey Ethan.”

“Hey MJ. I’d like to introduce you to Jessica; she’s my fiancé now. Do you remember me talking about her?” I asked, wary. MJ shook Jessica’s hand while she smiled at him; I had told her that MJ suffered from some permanent short-term memory loss. Some things he could remember if he was around all the time, but if he weren’t around something constantly, he’d forget it just like that. But thankfully, that was the only damage that came out of the accident years ago. I remember that I kept thinking MJ was going to be damaged seriously in his eight month a coma, and I especially remember Jay’s reaction when she woke up about three days later after the accident; she had been devastated, crying out that it was all her fault. It was a good time for anyone.

But once MJ woke up and started going to rehab, things got better. Declan and Jay got married a month before, then I found Jessica, my business took off, and everyone in the pack was getting smart in their education. Things really were brighter after those few months.

I smiled at MJ again before turning to Jay. “Well, I’m here to get you guys to my restaurant, where all our pack members are, since they have got their education completed and so we’re celebrating. MJ, you remember the pack?”

“Yeah, I think so. Jay and Declan always tell me about them,” MJ replied happily, and I nodded. “Then you can come along too, if you want, you too Cal.”

“Sure thing. Let me get my coat,” Cal agreed, and Declan kissed Jay’s cheeks again. “I’ll get yours.”

“Thank you,” she mumbled to him before he went off. I whispered to her, “You’ve been taking care of him, right? ‘Cause you know he needs you to look after him.”

She elbowed my chest playfully, causing me to chuckle. “We look after each other.”

“Okay, okay, I get. You both bad,” I teased, and she glared at me, though teasingly. We were all out on the road in just a couple minutes, them following me, and we all made sure we were safe drivers. We, as in everyone in the pack and friends of the pack, vowed when Jay woke up that we would be safe driver for as long as we could help it. And reason I said “as long as we could help it” is that Jag, being Jag, brought up when we’re old that we may not think as right. I find it hard he actually did really well in his education. The world is full of surprises.