chapter sixteen

Sixteen

I heard the shower going off the next morning as an alarm startles me. I got up and shut the damn thing up then heaved myself off the bed, stretching. I changed into medium wash jeans, a long sleeve lilac top, and one sneaker since I have a stupid cast. What was the point in breaking my leg? Really, why? What is completely necessary?

I had just gotten my backpack on my shoulders and had my hand on the door handle when Declan entered, shirtless; oh Lord did he look sexy shirtless. He smiled at me questioningly. “And where are you going?”

“School, remember? Unlike you, who graduated high school last year, but you still act younger,” I added humorously, and it worked. It made Declan laugh as he came over to me. “I’ll drive you.”

“I’m not a little girl. I can drive myself,” I defended, standing as tall as I could. No use; Declan was just too well over six foot. He shook his head. “I know, but I want to drive you. Make sure you get to school okay.”

“Declan, do honestly think something will happen to on the drive to school?”

“Honestly? Yes. You seem to be a magnet to disaster, Jay.”

I huffed, “Fine.”

Declan smiled amusingly at me then kissed my neck. “Does that mean you don’t like to be with me?”

I stiffened as his lips traveled up. “You know I love to be around you. If I could, I’d skip school to be with you.”

“You only have a couple months left,” Declan pointed out as he nipped my ear, making me let a content sigh out. I corrected, “I have one week left till I graduate.”

Declan froze then gazed into my eyes. “You’re going to graduate at the end of the week?”

I smirked. “Yep. I’m surprised. You know how bad I am at school.”

Declan shook his head. “Not since you figured out to use cars to solve you’re school work.”

I laughed as I nodded. “True, very true. But still, it’s never been my favorite place.”

He chuckled, “When is it anyone’s?”

I nodded in agreement then glanced at the clock. I warned him impatiently, “I need to go, Declan.”

He chuckled then slipped on a shirt real quick; aww… He grabbed his keys then guided me out the door with his hand on the small of my back as I hobbled out. We took his car since mine was still at the warehouse, where hopefully no one touched it. If they did, God help them.

Declan pulled up the school then jumped out so he could open my door. I handed him my bag while I got myself and crutches out, and he slipped it on my shoulder when I was securely on the ground.

He gazed into my eyes, not saying anything at all, and I returned it steadily. At the same time, we leaned and kissed each other’s lips. It was sweet and loving, and it made me want more, though I resisted. But I don’t think Declan was as strong to resist because he tangled one hand in hair while the other wrapped around my waist. Shit, I really wanted him, and I wanted nothing more than to say the words I was afraid to say. But that, too, I resisted.

I pulled away and shook my head. “Sorry lad, but I got to get going.”

He sighed heavily. “Sorry. See ya later, senior…citizen.”

He stepped back, but I retorted before he jumped in his car, “If I’m a senior citizen, then you’re ancient laddie.”

Declan chuckled, “Well fine then. See ya later, soon-to-be-graduate.”