chapter thirteen

Thirteen

My eyelids creaked open to the dim daylight and the surroundings of Toni’s family room, where I laid on the couch. I shifted only to feel something solid other than the pillows of the long sunset violet couch, and then I turn my head to the peacefully asleep Declan with his arms around my waist. I guess he must have taken me here from the party last night; aw, how sweet he is. I kiss his neck sweetly, and I hear him moan softly. “I can get use to waking up to this every morning…”

I nodded and stared up his face, only to see him kissing my nose. “Morning, my Jay. Did you sleep well?”

“Perfectly because of you.”

We grinned sleepily at each other then pecked each other’s lips before sitting up on the couch with me still leaning on Declan. I groaned groggily into his shoulder, not wanting to get up, and then Declan whispered in my ear, “Come on, my Jay. You have to face the day sooner or later.”

“I prefer later,” I mumbled, my eyes closed. Declan’s laugh rumbled in his chest, making it really sexy. Suddenly, he was gone and I fell onto the couch pillows. I glared at Declan when he appeared kneeling in front of me. “What was that for?”

“I thought it would wake you up.” Declan shrugged. “But maybe this will.”

He reached over and slipped his perfect lips on mine tenderly. I kissed back, but he started pulling away when I didn’t want it to end. I moved up with him and wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling his hands on my shoulders. I was now wide awake for my Declan, and I felt his smirk of triumphant against my lips. He pulled me away at his arm’s length. “I’ll meet you at the warehouse.”

“Do you have to leave?” I complained, gripping his hand so he wouldn’t take another step away. He laughed and kissed my forehead. “Yes, Ethan wanted me to pick up some things. Don’t worry, my Jay. I’ll see you soon.”

I stood up on tip toes and kissed him before he left with that adorable grin of his. I smiled to myself then went over to the bathroom to shower and get dressed; Suzy had lent some clothes to me, and she was just slightly smaller in size than me since I, according to her, “tower over her”.

I slipped on her tawny V neck tee and dark wash jeans, and then slipped on my jacket from last night and my sneakers. I started to make breakfast for Toni and his family because he’s done so much for me, and I plan to make other living spaces of mine own very soon.

Toni and Suzy, hand in hand, walked into the room to see Ryan and Mimi eating the golden, fluffy pancakes I had made already. I smiled at them as I poured them and myself some coffee. “Morning guys.”

“What’s all this?” Suzy waved her free hand to the breakfast counter, which had two plates set with sunny side eggs, bacon, and toast. I gave them their coffee and answered, “You two have done too much for me, and I decided to at least make you breakfast before I leave.”

“You sure you want to stay with your uncle? Or do you have somewhere else to go?” Toni skeptically inquired. I chuckled while rolling my eyes. “It’s not official yet, but I got my eye on this one place.”

Not lying; I think I wanted to move in Declan’s apartment, or have him come home with me. I know he would want me to move in anyways, so I was sure when Toni asked him he would get his answer. Toni shrugged it off, and we ate our breakfast. But then Mimi and Ryan climbed on to my lap, and she pleaded, “Please don’t leave Aunty Jay. We’d miss you.”

Ryan nodded and they both gave the cutest puppy dog faces in the world. I smiled reassuringly. “Don’t worry; I’ll still come and visit you guys when I can. I’ll just be living somewhere else. Is that okay?”