College Service | t w e n t y - o n e

Don't fret heres a new chapter but short, sorry about that.

Not edited as usual.

• • •

College Service | t w e n t y - o n e

• • •

Maxie Foreman

"Okay." I breathe almost sounded breathless as I look at Victor.

His tense demeanor changed so drastically after the word spurted out of my mouth. I can also hear Callum's relieved sigh.

"Oh thank god!" Victor exclaims so loud then suddenly I am inside his arms hugging the air out of me,

I stilled from the unexpected gesture and contact, his hard body press against me and damn, I'll be lying if I say it feels good,  Because it's not just good, I'm in heaven.

I'm still a little mad, so much lesser mad than minute ago once I realize they both fooled me. But when he confess about his nightmares, how broken he looks I know it's the sign I'm looking for. And now I realize I'm physically incapable of keeping my distance away from him.

His nightmares resembles so much of Jaden's past.

Now that I'm getting closer and closer to finding answer from all these coincidences, I feel scared. Scared of what I'm about to find out. What if I can't handle it? Why am I so adamant about racking the truth? If theres even one. What If I'm just too trapped in the past and I pinned myself to the first guy who  look exactly like him and solve the mystery that's not even there in the first place?. What if theres nothing there? What if Victor is just Victor? Who coincidentally has Jaden's words and Jasons personality, most of the time anyways. And apparently having nightmares similar to my ex boyfriends past.

The answer is right in front of me. And I know gut feels are never wrong. Something is wrong and thats what I'm trying so adamantly to find out. I hope I'm not wasting my time because there are so much to risk.

I realize I'm still in Victors embrace and his hot breath hitting my shoulder. I'm getting a little too comfortable. The oxytocin rushing to my system and I'm feeling so much better than this past week.

I pull away reluctantly albeit theres nowhere else I want to stay but inside his arms--my thoughts is bothering me, they're a little too honest, no dying, no filter just complete dictation of how I'm feeling. It scares me a whole lot--Victor seems to wake up to his trance and shake his head as if shaking something off his mind. Probably his perverted thoughts because damn I didn't miss the little too hard issue down there pressing on my belly. Probably not little. His gray eyes who look dull when I laid my eyes on just a moment ago started to change, as wonderful as it sounds and a little to unrealistic, the color changed as if it's coming back to life.

"Uh sorry I got too excited." --thats what he said. He excuse breathing a laugh. His tone is different either, it's more exuberant. I shrug and study him ignoring my sarcastic thoughts. He  lost so much weight since the last time I saw him, his has dark circles under his eyes and It bothers me a lot. He look ... broken.

If I'm stupid I'd probably believed that I'm the caused of this, but I'm not so I'll look at this situation professionally, damn speaking of that Am I really considering Cuddling this buffoon? I mean he likes me and I know I like him too, and I don't trust myself around him that much, But I already signed in for it. And I never back away from a promise.

I just hope he'll behave. Somehow I doubt it. I doubt it a lot,

"So ... Uh do you want something? Coffee maybe?" Victor asks pulling a chair for me. Right next to his. I just realize we're both still standing up.