Epilogue Part One-Coming in Clutch

The battle was long over now for a few years. Things soon had gotten as back to normal as it could. Draco and I were still growing strong. He became an auror for the Ministry of Magic, fighting the Dark Arts and Dark wizards. I was having trouble finding work, so I helped at Wizard Weasley Wheezes along with Ron and George. Business was always booming, leaving us extremely busy.

"George? Are you sure I can take the night off?" I ask him as I grab my jacket and prepare to leave. Today was Draco's and I's six year anniversary and we both requested the night off to spend it with one another.

"Go! It's fine. Leave before I make you stay out of spite," George tells me from the stairs above.

"Alright, alright. Don't forget I'm coming in late tomorrow. I have a job interview with the Daily Prophet," I remind him before I walk out the door.

"I can't believe you might write for that rubbish newspaper," Ron scoffs as he walks by with a pile of inventory.

"It's for their literary column, not any of the publicity nonsense," I scold him. I wave goodbye one more time before heading out, where Draco was waiting for me.

"Hello, gorgeous," he grins as he offers me his arm. I happily link mine with his as I tighten the scarf around my neck.

"Hello there, Mr. Malfoy," I greet him as we walk to our little flat together. When the war ended, I decided against finishing my time at Hogwarts and Draco did the same. I had nowhere to go, so I spent a short amount of time at the Manor before we found a place of our. I did my best to avoid Draco's parents to be quite honest. Lucius had no care for me, but I had a mutual respect for Narcissa. I always did my best to protect her son, and for that she was grateful.

We made idle chat on the way to our flat, not once leaving each other's side. Our conversations never died out, we somehow managed to keep them alive.

"This is your stop," Draco said as we arrived to the flat.

"Quit being silly, Draco. Let's go in," I laugh as I unlock the door. I step aside,  waiting for him to go in.

"No, no. We're going to do this properly. I'll pick you up at seven," he winked before walking away, whistling as he goes. I shake my head at his antics, but I go in nonetheless. I race all the way up to Draco's and I's shared room. We have a bathroom connected to it, where I spent all my time getting ready.

I went for a fairly simple makeup routine, I wasn't one for dramatic looks. I felt they didn't suit me. I did a subtle eye look and added a nice peach-colored lip. I smiled at my finished project before applying a load of concealer to my neck. The cuts that Voldemort had given me years ago left a nasty scar. I wasn't exactly fond of showing it off, so I normally went for high neck shirts and scarves. If that didn't work, make up was always a solution.

The scar on my hand remained as well, reminding me of my fifth year at Hogwarts. The trauma at the start, the joy in the middle, and the sorrow at the end. It was a rough year, but I like to think it was worth it.

After I curled my still short hair, I wandered into my closet. I began to shuffle through the clothing I already owned, not completely satisfied with some of my outfits. I kept searching and searching until my hand ran against a white plastic bag. I pull the bag and open it, revealing a golden cocktail dress. It was beaded intricately, and it had a sheer overlay so it wasn't completely strapless. I shimmied the dress on and grabbed the clutch Draco had gotten me many Christmases ago. As I slipped on nude heels, the clock struck seven and the doorbell sang with joy.

"You look stunning, as always," Draco beamed as I opened the door. He handed me a single red rose, filling me with even more joy.

"Would you like to come in, Mr. Malfoy?" I jokingly ask, turning around to put the flower in vase.

"Not right now, I think we're going to miss our reservation so we must be going," Draco hummed from the door, "That is a marvelous bag. Where on Earth did you get it?"

"The love of my life got it for me,"

~

"So, what is one thing that you have never told me?" I ask Draco as I swirl my fork in my spaghetti. Draco had brought me to a restaurant in the muggle world. It was supposedly a typical muggle date, but it was quite a surprise when Draco brought me here. He casually dipped his napkin in his white wine and wiped away the makeup on my neck, but none of us acknowledged it.

"Hmm," Draco hummed, rubbing his chin while thinking, "I know. I did my best to avoid learning the Patronus charm. I was quite afraid that it would be a ferret."

"What is it then?" I ask after choking on my food while laughing. I wasn't a stranger to the incident during our fourth year.

"It's a deer," he revealed as he took a forkful of his own food. I couldn't help, but grin at the news, "What're you so happy about?"

"You know, there was this night before the war. I was in my Animagus form and was running to the Burrow when I made a stop. Somewhere in the forest behind this Manor. There was this boy there..." I trailed off and shrugged as if it was no big deal at all. Draco was smiling from ear to ear at the news.

"I love you," he breathed, staring straight into my eyes.

"I love you more," I reply, staring back equally.

"You know, I don't think that's possible. You've been by my side through everything. All the amazing things, and all the very, very, bad things. When I started to hate myself, you loved me even more. This is my attempt to repay you," he says. He moves from his chair and onto the ground, kneeling, "Elora Black, would you go through the trouble of changing your name for the third time and marry me?"

"Y-Yes!" I gasp in shock. Tears well in my eyes as he slides the beautiful ring on my finger. I wrap my arms around him, blocking out the sound of the applause around us as our forever starts.