Chapter Twenty-Say Uncle

Summer was finally drawing to a close, and it wasn't miserable at all. I spent most of my time with Professor Lupin and his parter Nymphadora Tonks. I was finally beginning to excel at magic when Lupin taught me.

"She's doing great," Lupin would brag to the others whenever he could, "I honestly can't believe it. She has already mastered her Animagus. Her father would be very proud."

His words always echoed in my mind. I was glad to be doing something right. I had neglected to tell the others about Draco's status as a death eater. Some things were best kept secret.

Sirius had left all of his belongings to Harry and I, we shared them gratefully. With our help, the Weasley twins were finally able to open their shop, The Weasley Wizarding Wheezes. Diagon Alley was almost vacant, except for the lively squeals of children exploring their shop.

"You two have really outdone yourselves," I announce as I walk into the store for the first time. A leather jacket decorated my arms, covering my completely black ensemble. It looked as if a rain cloud entered the bright and cheery sky.

"ELORA!" the twins cheered in sync with one another as they leaned over the orange railing on the stairs.

"Look at you two. Proud store owners in their dashing suits," I beam, "I really do like them."

"Why thank you," Fred says as he flips his collar. They both saunter down the stairs, pride present in their posture.

"We can get you one to match," George offers, "We must get you out of that dreary attire."

"I'm alright," I laugh as Fred puts his arm around me.

"Your loss!" he shrugs before running off. A girl zooms past me. She looked like a first year. She had strawberry blonde hair that was held back in a braid and wore a fair pink sweater and white jeans. She dug through a bin with the label "They'll Make Anyone Sick!". I took liberty to peer inside and almost threw up when I saw the dark mark molded candy.

"I am proud of you boys because of your success, but you may be playing a game that no one should be involved with," I tell them and motion to the bin.

"It's all harmless. Don't worry a short hair on your head!" George said before stopping a boy from throwing up on the floor of his shop. I ran through my hair that was now longer, a similar length to a bob. The young girl is staring at me now, probably wondering what was wrong.

"Hello there! What's your name?" I inquire while leaning against the wall beside the bin.

"Florence," she mumbled, gnawing on the sleeve of her sweater.

"No need to be nervous," I chuckle and motion to the habit she was unconsciously doing. She blushed furiously and put her hand back to her side, "I'm Elora, I'm a sixth year."

"Really?" Her eyes were wide in wonder, "This'll be my first year at Hogwarts."

I felt the urge to walk the girl through everything she'll need to learn in future years. Hogwarts was a very tricky school and one bad move could ruin you. Something I knew too well. Lupin was gesturing for me from the door of the shop, wanting to head on back to his house. I was his guest and didn't want to be rude, so I cut our conversation short.

"Well, Florence, I have to leave now, but there's one piece of advice I'd like to give you. Your house does not define you. Neither do you family or friends. What you do for yourself and for others makes your true character," I smile, patting her shoulder, "I'll see you at school, alright?"

~

I woke with a jolt, sweat dotting my face. I had learned how to control the nightmares of my past, but a completely new one clouded my mind tonight. I was there as my father was killed, but it was worse. He died at my hand, the dark mark present on my left arm as the spell lingered on my lips. Draco was watching from afar, not doing or saying anything. His presence left a strong enough impact.

I pushed the dream back in a far corner of my mind as I pushed myself out of bed. I wobbled into the kitchen, beginning to make myself a cup of tea.

"Elora? What on Earth are you doing up right now?" Lupin asked as he scratched his head and walked in.

"Bad dream," I shrugged, it wasn't a big deal anymore, "Tea?"

"Please," he answered, taking a seat at the table. I grabbed our mugs and placed one in front of him before taking a seat across from him. It was quiet for the most part, disregarding the slurps of tea that echoed around the room.

"I miss dad," I revealed randomly, not knowing what had overcome me.

"I miss your father as well," Lupin sighed, setting his cup down, "You didn't get enough time with him or your mother and I'm truly sorry for that."

"I don't really know much about her. I just knew her name was Felicity. She was a pureblood and she was in Hufflepuff. That's it," I tell him before taking another sip of my tea. If the whole wizard thing doesn't work, I could work in a cafe. I made a mean tea.

"Sirius really did tell you nothing," he grumbled.

"What more is there to tell?" I inquire, trying not to sound too needy.

"Your mother was a great wizard. She was the absolute opposite of her older brother both physically and emotionally. You couldn't possibly tell that they were related," he explained, rubbing his tiresome eyes.

"And who was this magnificent older brother now?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood. I wasn't fond of the sadness, yet it consumed me many, many times.

"Your uncle was a very good friend of mine and was a brave man. One of the greatest men I knew, James Potter," Lupin confessed, looking straight into my eyes.

"Shit," I say, realizing what it meant, "We need to tell Harry. He needs to know."

"All in well time, Elora," he said before disappearing to his room, taking his tea with him.

~

(A/N-HELLO!

MORE BACKSTORY

HOW EXCITING

So my friend Sarah has written a fic about Felicity and Sirius so if/when she publishes it I'll give a link so y'all can go read it!

LOVE YOU OK BYE)