The Intruder

Riley's POV:

Bella was with Jacob for a long time, quite honestly, I'm jealous. He used to be my best friend, well not really. I thought he was my best friend, he was using me, since he has a crush on Bella.

I was in the kitchen, since I am very hungry, Charlie is asleep in the living room. Suddenly the front door opened and closed.

"You know, Edward could at least respect meal times." I heard Charlie say, to whom I'm assuming is Bella. Weird, I thought he was still asleep.

"I was just with Jake." I heard Bella reply to him.

"Oh. Good." Then a knock on the door, I'm gonna guess that is Edward.

"I'll just give you two some privacy then." Charlie then entered the kitchen.

"Please tell me you aren't dating one of the Cullens to."

"No, I'm dating Jasper Hale."

"Isn't he related to Edward?"

"Biologically, no."

"What grade is he in?"

"Twelfth."

"No way. You are not going to date him any longer. He is way to old for you."

"There is a three year difference. You and Renee had a four year difference, and you and my mom had a six year difference, so why should three years matter?" I then exited the kitchen and went into the living room.

As I entered, Edward and Bella came from upstairs, they weren't up there for to long.

"Hey guys, what's wrong?"

"A vampire has been in your house." Edward told me.

"Well, you guys are always here." I replied.

"Not one of us.'

We drove to the Cullens house, Jasper and Emmett were chosen to go and try to track the person who broke into our house. The whole time Rose had her arm around me, as if she was trying to protect me.

"Who was it?" Carlisle asked. "Someone we know?"

"It was a stranger.: Edward replied. "I didn't recognize his sent."

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

A passerby wouldn't leave Riley and Bella's father alive." Rose said.

"The sent disappeared a mile south of the house." Jasper said coming in with Emmett.

"Someone is orchestrating this." Carlisle declared.

"Victoria?" Bella suggested.

"I would've seen her decide." Alice told everyone.

"Has to be the Volturi." Edward said worriedly

"I don;t think it's the Volturi ether. I've been watching Aro's decisions."

"So we keep looking." Emmett jumped into the conversation.

"We'll also take shifts guardian Bella and Riley at their house."

"Another protection detail?" Rose asked. "I'm fine with Riley, but.."

"Rosalie." Carlisle cut her off.

"No, she's right. You can't protect us, watch our dad, and search for the intruder." Bella and Rose agreeing...wow. I think it's the apocalypse.

"And for Victoria." Again, they are agreeing.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Of course Edward would never do that.

"Well we aren't going to let you starve." I blurted out. "And Bella wouldn't be unprotected, she has Jacob, and I could go and visit Leah, it's been so ing since I have seen her."