Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Seven

• Dedicated to Lola Sonia

Chapter Thirty-Seven

They say that you’ve never felt the pain until you’ve felt the love. It’s true.

I run out of the campus immediately and I went to find my bike in the parking lot. I know that he’s following me but I don’t want to take noticed of him.

‘Psyche!’ he called and I unlocked the lock on my bike immediately.

He held my hand and I dodged his hand away.

‘Let go of me!’ I shouted and I moved my bike from him. He held it instead.

‘Psyche, I want you to listen to me.’

‘For what? So that I can hope for you again? So that you can hurt me again? ‘ I shook my head. ‘No, no I had enough!’

‘For once will you listen to me?!’ he shouted and he looked at me the way when he gets mad at me. I know it’s time for me to shut up.

‘You know…’ I took a deep breath. ‘I don’t want to hear whatever it is because when I listen to you I always end up hurting myself.’

‘Now look who’s stubborn!’

I scoffed at him.

‘I need you to hear me out.’ He started to calm down. ‘Come with me.’ he held my arm but I pulled it by force.

‘No!’

He held my arm back. ‘Do you want me to carry you?! Because I will!’

 I shut up and I let him pull me inside his car and drive me out of the campus.

Along our way to the destination that I don’t even know we were both silent maybe we were both shock to what we said there. But that’s when I thought that almost everybody from our batch had heard what we said.

Cupid made a turn and he parked his car on the side walk. I noticed that he brought me to the church where I saw him—I saw my second chance. I let him pull me as he brought me to the choir loft that faces directly at the altar.

When he lets me go he screamed and punched the wall. I felt my own self shiver; it was so loud that I thought there’s an earthquake after shock.

‘Shut up! What are you insane?! We are in a church, you moron!’ I shouted at him.

He turned to me and his eyes were burning. I took a step back.

‘The priests might hear you.’ I said calmly this time.

He scoffed. ‘Their monastery is a hundred feet away from here. There’s no one in here except us. Now what else would you alibi to run away from me?’

I shook my head and I headed towards the door. ‘You’re insane.’

He blocked my way immediately and he locked the door. My heart started to pound as he threw me to the wall. I didn’t even feel the pain on my back when he did that. Maybe I was numb now after my heart was broken.

‘I will let you out, Psyche. But please listen to me first.’ He held both of my shoulders. A tear escaped from my eyes and I looked away from him.

‘I will let you go if that’s what you want.’

‘I’m hurt.’ I murmured. ‘You’re hurting me.’ I said. ‘You are always hurting me.’ Okay. That’s it, I can’t hold on to it anymore I’m gonna burst.

That was when he let me go.

‘I’m sorry.’ He breathed. ‘I’m sorry if I’m hurting you, Psyche.’ He kicked the chair of the piano. ‘I feel so stupid for doing things that I shouldn’t do to you. I’m sorry I got mad… but believe me I didn’t mean these things to happen.’