Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven

So I guess this is it. And in no time this story is going to end somewhere. This is the last day of Cupid and me but we both decided not to see each other since it will be kind of hard to pull away each other by tomorrow. The more I thought of it the more the pain inside of me becomes heavier.

I cried myself to sleep that night after he escorted me home. But still the next day when I woke up tears had greeted me good morning. I couldn’t eat breakfast very well but I also don’t want my parents to get worried about me. I have to stay happy and keep smiling. That was what I promised him.

When I had nothing else to do I decided to get our mail. Number one mistake I did that day. As I went out I saw a truck in front of Cupid’s house picking some boxes. My heart sank inside of me and I felt that I wanted to cry. This is the reality of everything and there’s no turning back now. They. Are. Moving.

I saw Cupid’s parents outside as they see to it that their things are brought inside the truck safely. I turned to him and he’s bowing his head. I wonder if he’s also thinking and feeling the way I do. Then he felt me, he turned to my direction and he locked gazes with me. But I looked away and I run towards our house.

I was the one who decided that we’re not going to see each other today and yet here I was the one desperate and couldn’t stand not seeing him. We both agreed on it the same thing with not having a communication after he leaves. That is for us to find out if ever we see each other again we still feel the same way. I know the idea really sucks right? I don’t even know where we get them from. Argh! This is so horrible!

I went for a swing at our backyard as I tried to look at the almost empty house of the Confiar’s. I sighed and then I tried to ease up the gnawing pain inside of me.

‘Just think that I’m just going away for a vacation.’ He said. I know I was hallucinating. That was exactly what I wanted to think of. That Cupid will be leaving tomorrow for a vacation. A very long vacation.

I shook this out of my head and I stood up. Maybe I’ll just eat some chocolates.

‘And now from day dreamer you turned into a snob?’

Wait? How come I could still hear him? I turned around and I saw that he was still there standing beside the swing with his guitar hanging on his shoulder.

I went close to him and I pinched his cheek. He held my hand.

‘I’m leaving tomorrow and yet you don’t want to see me?’ he scoffed. ‘Ouch.’

‘I thought…’ I shook my head and I manage a ridiculous smile. ‘I thought I was making you up.’

We both stared at each other.

‘I saw you earlier.’ He said as he broke the silence.

‘Yeah, I saw you too. So it’s official.’ I said with obvious melancholy tone.

‘Psyche—‘ he moved close to me.

‘I guess it’s good if you leave.’ I dodged his hand. ‘It’s best if we should start now.’

‘Do you really want me to leave?’ he asked and I fell silent. I know I would cry again if I say something.

He sighed. ‘I just want to spend my last remaining time with you.’ he held my hand. I want to hold his hand but I shouldn’t.

‘We’re just making this hard for ourselves. I should probably get inside.’ I said and I started to the door.

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go