Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

Love is like a thesis. You need patience and efforts, it has many chapters and revisions but in order to prove it…

You must defend it. =)

Persephone went ahead of me and she stopped at the railings of the stairs and then she looked at me with a different expression. Here was I on the other hand I panicked to her sudden change of reaction and I run beside her.

Down stairs I saw a sand colored haired guy doing a cross position only that he’s kneeling. My heart pounded in my chest when I knew who it was. My parents were seating in the sofa watching him. How could they be so harsh? I wanted to react to this but my dad saw me before I could go down stairs.

‘Do you have anything to do with this, young lady?’ my dad looked up at me. Cupid, hearing this followed my father’s gaze.

I looked from him to my dad then to my mom and back to him.

‘What are you doing?’ I mouthed the words. He just grinned up at me and continued his own monkey business.

So I went downstairs to defend him.

‘Dad, why do you have to do that to him?’

‘Psyche, he asked me to.’ My dad prompted as he stood up.

I looked at Cupid who was in a very pitiful situation. He had his arms widely spread and he was kneeling down on the floor. Not only the floor but he was kneeling some jelly beans and some salt. I freaked out when I saw it.

‘But dad—‘

‘He came up to us in the middle of the night and he asked me if he could do a little sacrifice just to apologize to what he has done and to…’ my dad smirked at me. ‘…and to prove his love for you.’

I know I felt my blood rise up my face now. Any moment now, I’m gonna blush.

‘Rudolph the red nose reindeer has a very shinny nose—‘ Phoebe sang and my mom hushed her but later on she did smile.

Then someone came knocking on our door. My mom opened it and Venus went inside immediately.

‘My son what have you done!’ she wailed. He helps him stand immediately.

‘This is too much! Why do you have to do this to my son?’ Uncle Lauren beamed at my dad and I have to move steps back to stay away from them.

‘Dad, it was my decision. I only asked them to help me.’ Cupid came into rescue as he went in-between our dads.

‘What do you mean?!’ his mom asked.

He turned to me. ‘I came here to ask for Persephone’s forgiveness so that there wouldn’t be problems concerning me and Psyche.’

I blinked at to what he said.

‘You’re forgiven.’ I heard my sister’s voice out of nowhere. When I saw her she was smiling and I knew that she means it.

‘Then problems solved!’ Uncle Lauren shouted. ‘Now can we go home?’

Cupid glanced at Persephone mouthed the words ‘Thanks.’

‘We’re so sorry about the disturbance of our son…’ Venus apologized to my parents.

‘It’s nothing Venus. You’re like family.’ My mom said.

Then they escorted them outside.

‘Why are you here?’ Persephone crossed her arms.

‘What--?’