The Mission: part 1~

(&$-your pov-$&)

        I woke up with a unfamiliar feeling of dread. It settled in the pit of my stomach making me feel faint. A small groan escaped my mouth. I found Soul looking down at me with a face of concern. " morning.." I muttered before flipping myself over so my face was pressed into the pillow.

I felt Soul rub circles on my back with his fingers. It relaxed my muscles and I sighed contently. " we're leaving today, stopping at the DWMA first to see Lord Death about the mission first of course". I groaned in response." I don't wanna" I whined like a little kid on a long car ride.

" no, come on. Get up" he wrapped his arms around my rib cage and dragged my unwilling self off the bed. " nuuu" I put my hand on his bare chest, weakly pushing him away. My (e/c) eyes opened slightly to be hit with the harsh rays of light coming through the window.

" ack! My eyes are melting!" I put my hands to them, kicking my feet slightly. " they are not" Soul sighed and picked me up, carrying me to the kitchen. I rolled myself out of his arms and landed on my feet. The floor was cold.

" alright chef! What's to eat? " I looked over at Maka, raising my hands into the air to stretch. " pancakes~" she answered cheerfully. Soul disappeared to find a shirt. I giggled softly. " chocolate chips?" Her green eyes settled on my face for a second. " who wouldn't say no?" I smiled, taking a seat.

" so...mission..." I yawned " got stuff packed?". Maka nodded " I have a suitcase you can use, so get packing after you eat. " okie!" I grinned, watching her slide a plate of steaming pancakes towards me. I gasped slightly in delight. I picked up my fork and started to eat despite the fact it was still very hot.

My mouth was a little raw feeling after the pancakes but oh well. This mission will be over with soon. I retrieved the suitcase from Maka's room and starting packing some stuff. All I needed was some clothes and some sanitary items like my hairbrush and toothbrush.

Soul and Maka knocked on my door " w-we have to go " I sighed and pulled my shirt over my head, slipping on my shoes, then grabbed the suitcase.

I took a last look at my room, knowing I will be away for a while. I would miss this place. Dragging my suitcase behind me I walked outside with Maka and Soul. We needed to first see lord death. He would brief us on our mission.
------

The death room. Peaceful actually, that is until hearing Lord Deaths cartoonish voice. Honestly it makes me sick. " Hiya! You ready for your mission?". We nodded " well then, here you go. " he handed us a booklet. I raised an eyebrow.

" what are these..." Maka sounded so confused. " everything you need to know about the mission. Now off you go, you don't want to miss your flight" ( yes...airplanes)

We gave him a weird look then nodded " thank you Lord Death" I smiled. We proceeded to the airport and boarded the plane. I myself was uneasy of the airplane thing but it would get us there faster so I went along with it.

Soul noticed my nervousness and put his hand over mine. I sunk a little deeper into the seat and listened to the flight attendant and the pilot talk. Maka poked me. " you seem worried or something, are you okay?" She whispered to me, her green eyes narrowing slightly in concern.

" I'm fine...just a little nervous..." I replied with a small grin. She smiled and leaned on my shoulder " it will be fine, trust me." . I nodded at this, leaning against Soul. Maka pressed herself into my shoulder harder, making me squish Soul.

Soul had his face stuck to the window now. I giggled and pushed Maka back up. The booklet that Lord Death gave us fell from my pants pocket. I blinked, picking it up. " I guess we need to read this huh". Maka nodded and pulled out her own. We scanned ours quickly. It was mostly all locations the keishin has hit and a bit about its past. There were a few odd and badly drawn pictures of it stuck in there. Probably done by survivors.

It looked almost like a human dragon. The keishin took on a human like firm but was covered in green scales and armor. It had two oddly shaped horns on its head and a long spiked tail. Wings sprouted from its back but looked useless from multiple scars. Thank death...I don't know what we would do if it could fly.

I set it down, taking a deep breath. During the time I was reading we had flown off, just a few minutes or so into the flight. I set my head against Souls shoulder and closed my eyes. I didn't realize that Maka and Soul were holding my hands. I blushed slightly then adjusted my position to be closer to Soul.

After a while I managed to fall asleep, it was going to a long flight anyways...