Tess.

I sit down at the bar and she smiles at me. It's great to see a familiar face.

The bartender ignores us.
She leans into a hug her short red hair brushing against my cheek.

"How have you been?", she asks with a smile.
"I've been good... We all miss you, you know?", I say.
She gives a small laugh "sweetie you are way better at controlling them than I ever was. I've been good too", she says.
"I just don't understand! You left to get away from all of this but you're still with another pack!", I exclaim.

She squints her eyes into a dark glare until she just looks away "You have no right to judge how I live my life, mutt", she says bitterly.

I roll my eyes at how she won't touch the subject.

She rubs her hand over her scar "You combined packs... why?", she asks.

"The pack comes first. You taught me that", I say.

"I also taught you that born bred packs are killing this race! It's rogue or it's nothing", she spits.

"I can pick and choose what I want because I didn't leave. If everyone becomes rogue than no one is rogue! You think this is a choice? Rogues are forced from homes and given a bad name because of the dark ones. None of this is easy! I thought of all people you'd understand...", I scoff getting up.

"How about you then? Huh. I thought you loved your family... you leave over a guy? Weak", she tuts.

"Mate, not a guy. My mate. I am not weak... people have left for much less. Just like you...", I say.

Her eyes instantly reflect my words, I know I hit a soft spot because she gets up too and walks away.

It's not my fault I love my rogue family better than my real family...

Blood is thicker than water but it's the fight that drives the soldier.