Grayson

A half a mile of walking in silence we finally come to a clearing. I sit in the grass and lean against a boulder. She sits across from me.

"You know why I can't accept you..." I say.
Her face crumples, my inner wolf whimpers wanting to help her but I won't allow it.
"Yeah... I guess I do. You're a Beta and I'm just a mistake. I guess sometimes when my head is in the clouds I don't stop to think if expecting for you to love me back would be reasonable!" She chokes out, anger lightly lacing her last sentences.

I sigh and cup her cheek with my hand. "Piper, you're not a mistake it's just because I'm a Bet-" she cuts me off before I can finish.
"No, I am a mistake. Why do you think I even left my pack? Because I wanted to? No, because I really am a mistake" she says and my inner wolf cries.
I wipe her tears and ask, "Why do you think you're a mistake?".
She looks away from eyes, "I know, because all my parents wanted was a boy. They had four girls, then me, then my brother. They said five children was enough and-" she stops, tears running down her cheeks.

"And?" I ask softly.

"And one day I woke up to a knife to my throat, my older sisters tried to kill and threaten me. I didn't let that get me, the pack got bigger and woke up to my dad wanting to kill me. My younger brother was the only one who didn't. I moved rooms so I didn't share with a family member and that's when the rest of the pack became... violent. I would get pushed down the stairs, burned, yelled at, everything. It's when my brother tried to kill me when I didn't want to come back. They locked all the doors and that's when I really couldn't come back. But it's fine, now I'm with people who some what care" she say.

I bring her into a hug, "I, Grayson accept you as my mate" I say then bring my lips to hers.
It's not because of the sob story, or desperateness of the situation. It's because I am determined to never let anyone hurt her again.

I love this girl and I'm happy she's my mate.