Red Wine

❗️Warning❗️: This chapter includes smut.

I woke up to see that nothing was around me, no Dan holding me in his arms. I rubbed my eyes, and a deep feeling of disappointment came over me. Had he just left during the night? I wiped the drool of my face and walked out to the kitchen. I grabbed some pineapple, and brewed some fresh coffee. While I chugged back my mug of coffee I glanced towards the dining room table, and I saw a note and a box. Out of curiosity I read the note.

' Dearest Meg,
Hello beautiful. Sorry for leaving quite early, my mom needed some extra hands at home, but you were asleep, so I left you to rest. Open the box, and I hope you accompany me later. See you later darling.'
- Dan :)

An instant smile spread across my face making me happy. I dug into the box, and fished out a beautiful white lace Bodycon dress. I grabbed my phone and texted Dan.

' Hey. Where are we going tonight?'
' Hello, we're going to my family reunion.'
' Daniel that's you're family reunion. I'll be a burden for you.'
' No. I want you to be with me. I want you to meet my family.'
' Are you sure you want to to that?'
' Yes babe, I really need you there with me.'
' Fine, when is it?'
' I'll pick you up at seven.'
' Okay.' I replied as I checked the clock. It was 1:30, 5 and a half hours to get ready.
' See you then darling.'

I hurried over to my bedroom then washed and straightened my hair, applied some light foundation and concealer, neutral eyeshadow, subtle mascara, tinted my eye brows, and then I swiped on some shiny pink lipgloss. As soon as I was ready I headed back out to the kitchen to make dinner. Uncertain of what would be at the party I decided to stick with making some grilled cheese. I ate it and it was around 5:07, so I'll have almost two hours until the family gathering with Dan. I went and sat on the couch, and watched an episode of Orange Is The New Black before I changed into the dress, and slipped on some black flats. Once I was completely ready I threw on my purse and waited on the door step. About ten minutes later Dan arrived his driveway hauling his truck with him.

" Wow." He said while his mouth formed an 'o' shape. " You look absolutely stunning."

" Awh thank you." I blushed.

" Now off we go." Dan smiled and opened his truck door for me closing it behind me after I got in.

" So is there anything I should know that's specific about you're family?" I asked.

" Well my grandfather, called Pete has a slight hearing problem with him right ear, and my great aunt Remi is a cheek squeezer. My cousins will probably tear you apart when they take sight of you.

" Neat family you have." I laughed.

" Yes as a matter of fact that's quite true, and they're very nosy as well." He remarked while I snorted sounding like a pig as I usually do.

15 minutes later...

" We're here now." He parked in a long driveway already full of cars in every direction.

" There's a lot of people." I said while taking a deep breath. C'mon Meg just breathe. It'll be fine. I could my anxiety rising, but I fought it and jumped out of his truck.

" Do you need a minute?"

" No I'm okay."

" Alright, follow me." I followed closely behind him while he rushed swerved his body through tons of cars.

" Daniel is that you?!" A girl with shoulder length black hair, and blue eye just like Dan's.

" Yea. Hi Aunt Cassie."

" You've grown up quite a lot since I've last seen you!"

" Well I was about seven back then."