Home

" Meg, Meg, Meg, Meg get up!" A voice kept shouted while I slept.

" What?" I croaked, still half asleep.

" We're allowed to leave!"

" What?" I asked as I tried to get up. I rubbed my eyes until my vision was clear and I could see him. His blue eyes sparkled while the sun escaped into the room, shining into my eyes.

" We're allowed to go back home Meg."

" Is this a dream." I asked while I rubbed my eyes.

" No it's real, so grab you're stuff."

" Alrighty." I smiled, and scrambled to get my phone.

" Is that all you have?"

" Yes."

" We should get on the road now."

" Sure, did you tell the nurse that I'm leaving?"

" Yes, I did."

15 minutes later...

" Are you ready?"

" Yup."

" Okay." He said as he pulled out of the parking lot. " It's a few hours from home."

" How many?"

" About three hours."

" Oh I wonder why they sent me so far away."

" I don't actually know honestly."

" I'm going to call my mom." He nodded. I punched in her number on my iPhone and dialled. It rung a few times before anyone answered.

' Hello.'
' Why haven't you been answering my calls?!'
' Mom you haven't been calling...'
' What's you're number then?'
' 261-1531.'
' Ohh I've been calling 260-1531.'
' Oh.'
' That still doesn't answer my question. Where the hell are you?!'
' I'm just leaving the hospital actually.'
' Why were you at the hospital?'
' I'll explain when I get home.'
' Alright, um- so you're Dads been calling.'
' He's not my Dad, he will never be my father-ever.'
' Well I'm not sugar coating anything for you, and I won't force you, but you should at least try to speak to him.'
' I guess.' I sighed.
' Well I'll see you later then.'
' Bye Mom, love you.'
' I love you too honey.'

" How's you're mom?"

" Good I think."

" Hey Meg there's a Starbucks over there, do you want something?"

" I'd love to."

" Alright." Dan smiled while pulling into an empty parking lot that seemed quite vacant, almost like a ghost town.
" Should we use the drive-thru? Or go inside?" He asked.

" Definitely drive-thru, I'm super lazy."

" Okay." Dan chucked while pulling forward.

' Hello it's Starbucks, how can I help you?'
' Um a tall raspberry passion tea lemonade please.' I said handing Dan a five dollar bill. ' No.' He whispered neglecting it.'
' Is that you're whole order?'
' No actually, can I have a water please.'
' Alright sure, that'll be 9.54.'
Dan nodded while driving forward to the second window.

" Damn. This water better be freshly imported from the clearest, and freshest waters in the world, or I'll file a complaint. I mean nearly five buck for a bottle of water is overboard." He protested while intertwining his hands in mine.

" Yea we should have stopped somewhere else if you wanted cheaper water." I snorted, as I tightened my grip on his hand, and kissed his cheek.

+++

" Megan!" I was welcomed with open arms. And strangled by my moms arms wrapped around my neck.

" Mom-can't. Breathe." I choked.

" Oh sorry honey." She let go.

" It's fine." I said while gasping.

" What's do you want for dinner?"

" I don't think I can eat anything right now honestly."

" Okay well you must eat something later, or you'll be sick."

" I'm so tired." I yawned.

" You should get some rest sweetie."

" I'll try." I poured myself a glass of water and headed odd to my bedroom. After I downed an entire glass of water, I slipped on some roots sweatpants, and a baggy shirt. As soon as I rested my head in the pillows I drifted off to an instant sleep, which never actually happens, so it was weird to be sleeping.

+++

When I woke my head was pounding., and my clock read 8:07 P.M. I put my hands on my head, and dry swallowed an Advil. I decided to get up and head to the kitchen. Once I got to the kitchen I saw a takeout container with Chinese food, and a note attached to the side.
' Sorry Hun, we'll talk tomorrow. I had a rough day at work, and I decided to hit the hay. Goodnight love!'

Awh Mom knew how much I loved getting Chinese takeout. I grinned and took it over to the couch. I ate it while watching Orange Is The New Black. I was nearly done an episode, and I heard a knock at the door. I walked over to the door, and opened it.

" Hello uh-Megan?"

" Yes. Who are you?"

" Well actually I'm you're Father." He grimaced.

+++

Authors note

CLIFFHANGER! Sorry, it's more interesting that way! School just got out, so I'm going to post a lot more in the summer, and try to update as much as possible! Sorry for being very inactive as I said schools over, and I haven't has much free time this past week. Thanks you guys for all the votes and reads, so let's try to read 125 votes, and 1.4 reads! As always comment, vote, and read, so I get encouraged! And I love y'all!
Love xx
-Tay 😏❤️