Chapter 13

A/N: Dallas in the mm. Btw it's Tuesday.

Kilani.
I woke up early too get ready for work. I got out of Kai'Jai grip and hopped in the shower. I put on my ripped jeans and blue Levi shirt. I threw on some studs and put my hair in a bun. I put on white converse and grabbed my phone and my purse and walked over to Kai'Jai knocked out.
"Baby" I mumbled lightly shaking him.
"Huh? What?" He groaned opening his eyes
"I'm going to work" I said kissing his cheek.
"Alright I'm going over my moms today so I'll see you when I get home" he mumbled
"Kay" I smiled giving him and quick peck and leaving out the door.
I hopped in my car and sped off too work but not before a quick stop at Starbucks. I got some very much needed coffee and a breakfast sandwich and drove to work. I hopped out my car and grabbed my food before walking in the store too see Brii.
"Kilaniii!!! Bought time you show up to work!" She yelled running over too me.
"Hey boo" I laughed trying not to drop my food.
"Whatcha been up too?" She asked standing behind the counter.
"Nothing much" I shrugged
"Mmm what's up between you and Kai?" She eyed me
"Nothinggg" I sang
"Yeah sure" she laughed. We caught up with each other until the store opened.

Everything was running smoothly when it was time for my lunch break. I decided too go to the food court and get some pizza. I was sitting outside eating when I felt someone standing over me. I looked up too see Gabe and Sabrina with Kamia trailing behind.
"Hey Gabe" I smiled standing up giving him a hug.
"Hey Lani" he smiled
"Heyyy Lani!!" Brina smiled jumping into my arms.
"Hey Brina" I smiled kissing her cheek. I put her down and glared and Kamia while she was glaring at me. "What you doing here?" I asked Gabe
"Nothing Shopping for my baby girl and Sabrina saw you and insisted we come over here" he chuckled
"Awh Brina, I'm glad you did. You made my day" I smiled picking her cheeks
"Yay!" She giggled jumping into Gabe's arms.
"Can we go. I'm tired of being around y'all and I can't stand in front of her knowing I fucked her man" Kamia smirked
"Damn Kamia! Can you just chill! You ain't have too come! I ain't even want you too! Shit" Gabe yelled
"Whatever. I'm tired of all 3 of y'all" she rolled her eyes. I got up from my seat with a smile on my face and turned my attention towards Sabrina and Gabe.
"Bye Gabe, I'll talk to you later" I smiled
"Alright. Bye Lani" he smiled kissing my cheek. I smiled shaking my head and turning towards Sabrina.
"Bye Brina, I'll see you later" I smiled kissing her cheek
"Mkay, bwe Lani" she gave me a koolaid smile. I shot Kamia a fake smile and she glared before I walked away. I clocked back in from my lunch break and got back to work. 8:30 rolled around and it was finally time too get off. I closed up drove home. Kai'Jai car wasn't there so I figured he was still at his moms. I threw on some nike spandex and a sports bra and made me a sandwich. I turned on some Netflix and relaxed until I was sleepy. It was 10:30 and Kai'Jai still wasn't home. I was kinda mad but worried at the same time so I decided to call Helen.
"Hello? Kilani?" Helen answered sounding half sleep.
"Hey Helen sorry too bother you so late but is Kai'Jai there?" I sighed
"No sweetie he left 3 hours ago" she said
"Oh okay" I said feeling myself getting angrier by the second.
"Why? What's wrong?" She asked
"Nothing. He just still hasn't come home yet" I mumbled
"Oh honey. I don't know where he could be. I can ask Tyla for you" she said sounding sincere.
"No it's okay. Wherever he is he can stay there" I sighed shaking my head
"I know that's right" she laughed lightly
"Sorry to bother you. Goodnight" I smiled
"Goodnight sweetie, you should stop by tomorrow" she said cheery
"I will before school" I smiled
"Alright" she said before hanging up. I plugged up my phone and decided too just go to sleep. I'm not waiting up for Kai'Jai and he was gonna get one hell of a mouthful when he got home.

I woke up in the middle of the night too Kai'Jai stumbling into the room. I looked at my phone and saw it was 3 in the morning. I clenched my jaw and got up turning on the light.
"Shit" he hissed "hey baby" he smirked slurring. It was obvious he was drunk and high.
"Don't hey baby me. Where were you?" I snapped
"Relax. I was out with some friends" he shrugged
"Fuck you mean relax?! You were supposed too be going to your moms house!! You left her house before I even got off work! If you wanted too go out you could've at least called!" I yelled getting in his face.
"Lower your voice. I'm sorry I didn't tell you baby, it was just at the moment thing" he slurred
"Don't tell me too fucking Lower my voice!! And you know what else is an at the moment thing?! You sleeping on the couch!" I yelled
"You serious right now?" He cringed
"Dead ass! You can't come stumbling in here at 3 in the morning!" I yelled
"I can do whatever I want. This my Damn house and I'm not sleeping on no fucking couch" he mumbled laying in the bed.
"You right. This is your house so lemme excuse myself." I snapped shaking my head and grabbing my phone and purse.
"Aight" he mumbled before closing his eyes. I shook my head walking down the stairs feeling tears in my eyes. I was pissed off and hurt at the same time. I hopped in my car and drove too MY house and crawled into my bed feeling hot tears run down my face before drifting off too sleep.
.
.
Kai'Jai
I woke up to an empty bed and a pounding headache. I remembered some of what happened last night but the thing I remembered the most is Kilani's face and how hurt and pissed she was. I know I was wrong for coming home in the middle of night and not telling her, and I know I was wrong for letting her leave but I just wasn't right in the head. I sighed rubbing my hands down my face and walked too the bathroom and found some Advil and gulped it down with some water. I picked up my phone calling Kilani. She sent me right to voicemail and I called at least 10 more times and same thing each time. I sighed throwing my phone on the bed and getting in the shower. I threw on some basketball shirts and plain v-neck shirt and my Nike socks and slides. I grabbed my phone and car keys and sped off too Kilani's house. I hopped out noticing her car was here so I knocked on the door.
"Hello?!" I heard her tell walking towards the door. I decided against saying anything and knocked again. "Hello?!!" She yelled louder, but I just knocked again. " I said Hel--!" She started while she opened the door but stopped when she saw me. "What do you want? I left your house." She snapped rolling her eyes.
"I want to apologize babygirl" I sighed
"I don't wanna hear it" she sighed.
"Please Kilani. I'm sorry baby, I shouldn't have gone out with telling you. I shouldn't have came home in the middle of the night high and drunk. And I really shouldn't have treated you like that or let you leave" he sighed running his hands down his face. "You can't leave me Lani" he said shaky
"I'm not leaving you Kai'Jai." I said wiping the tears that ran down his face.
"I'm sorry baby" he sighed looking me in my eyes.
"I accept your apology" I smiled standing on my toes pecking his Lips. He pulled away and smiled down at me.  I grabbed his arm pulling him inside.
"Where you going today?" He asked following me up the steps.
"To visit your mom then school" I smiled
"I would go with you but I know she gon cuss my ass out, so I'll just chill with Khalil" He laughed
"Yeah she will" I laughed grabbing my smocks. I hopped in the shower while Kai'Jai laid on my bed watching tv. I put on my smocks and pulled my hair half up half down. I walked out the bathroom dressed too see Kai'Jai knocked out on my bed. I laughed taking a quick picture and slipped on my shoes. I grabbed my purse kissing Kai'Jai on the cheek and leaving.