Chapter 9

A/N: Remember Amari was/is Kilani's baby when she was in highschool but he's gone. Sabrina is Gabe and Kamia's baby. She's 3, and the picture of Amari is the last picture of him before he passed.

Kilani.
"Stoppp!!!" I yelled at Kai'Jai. We were outside and he kept playing trying to spray me with the hose.
"Dont be a baby" he laughed turning the water off.
"Im not. I just dont wanna get wet" I shrugged
"Alright" he shrugged walking behind me. Something was off but I was hungry so I shrugged it off. "Baby guess what!" Kai'Jai yelled behind me
"Wha-? Kai'Jai!!" I yelled as he sprayed me with water.
"I had too" he laughed turning the water off.
"You get on my fucking nerves." I mumbled walking inside
"Aww im sorry" he said running behind me.
"Okay" I said walking upstairs
"Lani" he said grabbing my arm
"Get off please. I have too get ready. I told Gabe I would watch Sabrina today" I mumbled
"You never asked or told me you were watching her." He said letting me go.
"I didnt think I had too. He's my friend." I snapped.
"I didnt think y'all were that close you'd watch his child."
"Well we are." I shrugged
"Whatever" he smacked his teeth and walking downstairs. I rolled my eyes and got in the shower. I washed my hair and left it alone to dry by itself. I put on my striped black and white maxi dress and my yellow crop top. I put on my flip flops and skipped downstairs. Kai'Jai was sitting on the couch eating a cheeseburger.
"Wheres mine?" I asked sitting beside him
"Ion" he mumbled shrugging
"So you still mad?" I asked
"Ion" he shrugged
"I dont have time for your bull today" I snapped getting up and going in the kitchen. I was making me a sandwhich when the doorbell rang. "Can you get it?!" I yelled to Kai'Jai. I heard him mumble some things and get up to open the door.
"Hey is Kilani here?" I heard Gabe ask
"Yeah." Kai'Jai spat
"Um well can I see her?" Gabe asked
"Actually you--" Kai'Jai started and I cut him off coming to the door.
"Hey Gabe, this is Kai'Jai." I smiled giving him a quick hug.
"Hey Lani. Thank you so much" he smiled handing me a sleeping Sabrina.
"No problem. I love this little girl" I smiled
"And she loves you. I should get going tho. I gotta work."
"Okay Bye Gabe" I smiled
"Bye Lani. Bye Kai'Jai nice meeting you" he smiled giving me a hug and getting in his car. Kai'Jai mugged me and slammed the door causing me to jump.
"What the hell?!" I whispered yelled careful not to wake Sabrina.
"We need to talk" He snapped
"Later. I gotta get her settled" I sighed laying Sabrina down on the couch. I covered her with a blanket and put pillows down so she wouldnt fall off.
"Okay now." He said grabbing my arm and dragging me into the kitchen
"Kai'Jai get off." I said snatching away from him.
"Do you love him?" He asked
"Love who Kai'Jai?" I asked confused
"Gabe." He said
"Of course I love him Kai'Jai but--" I started and he cut me off.
"Thats all I needed to hear" he mumbled shaking his head.
"Kai'Jai! Lemme finish!" I yelled
"I don't need you too" he mumbled walking upstairs.
"I do!" I yelled going after him.
"Kilani I get it. You love him. Your stuck on him. I get it. I'll never compete with him. He helped you raise your child." He mumbled sitting on the bed.
"Kai'Jai! I love him but not like that! I love him like he'll always have a place in my heart. I don't love him like I would ever get back together with him. Kai'Jai I like you. I really like you. No one can compare to you. You make me feel in ways I can't explain. Please Kai'Jai don't do this too me" I sighed feeling tears in my eyes.
"Kilani...I didn't know you reall felt that way. I could never just fully drop you like that. You mean too much to me. I like you a lot Lani. I can't really say I love you yet but I really like you. Kilani will you officially be my girl?" He asked standing infront of me.
"Yes" I nodded smiling hard. Words couldn't explain how happy I was. He picked me up and spun me around leaving kisses all over my face."Kai put me down" I laughed. He put me down and stared at me. We leaned in and shared the best kiss ever between us. Things started to get a little heated and I heard crying downstairs.
"Shit. I gotta go check on her" I sighed pulling away from Kai'Jai.
"Maneee. Everytime." Kai'Jai groaned walking behind me and I laughed. I walked in the living room too see Sabrina sitting up on the couch screaming.
"Brinaaaa. Whats wrong??" I cooed picking her up.
"My dwaddy!!" She yelled
"Sssshhh daddy will be back I promise. You get too spend the day with me and my boyfriend Kai'Jai" I smiled. She stopped crying and smiled up at me giving me a hug. That little hug made me miss Amari a lot. He used to hug me like her with his little arms. I smiled amd propped her up on my hip walking over to Kai'Jai.
"Sabrina this is Kai'Jai. Kai'Jai this is Sabrina." I smiled
"Hey little one" Kai'Jai smiled
"Hewo" Sabrina smiled back.
"You hungry?" I asked walking into the kitchen
"Mhm I want mac and cheese" she smiled
"Alrighty. I can do that" I smiled sitting her on the counter and getting a cup of mac&cheese and put it in the microwave for 3 minutes. "Kai'Jai!!" I yellled into the livingroom.
"Wassup?" He asked coming into the kitchen.
"Can you get me her bag?" I asked playing with Sabrina.
"Mhm" he nodded walking out the kitchen and came back with her bag. I went through it finding some extra pull-ups and diapers and 2 change of clothes. Along with some toys and just what I was looking for a sippy cup. I took it put filling it with apple juice and the microwave went off. I took it out putting it in a new bowl and grabbed her sippy cup. "Come on" I smiled helping her off the counter and she followed me to the table. I helped her in the chair and set her food infront of her. "You good?" I asked
"Mhmm" she nodded smiling. I smiled and walked over to the couch to see Kai'Jai knocked out. I laughed taking a picture and turning the channel to something I wanted to watch. I sat on the couch and put his head in my lap. I was flicking through the channels when Sabrina came running into the living room.
"Wassup??" I asked picking her up and sitting her beside me.
"I fwinsh" she smiled
"Eat it all?" I asked
"Yup" she smiled
"Good girl" i smiled giving her a high five. We sat on the couch and watched cartoons until she fell asleep. I picked her up careful not to wake her and Kai'Jai and carried her upstairs and laid her down on the bed. I covered her with a blanket and made a pillow barrier and went downstairs and sat back on the couch.
"Kilani" Kai'Jai mumbled halfway sleep.
"Huh?" I asked playing with his hair,
"Can you massage my back?" He mumbled
"Sure" I said getting off the couch and straddling him while he laid on his stomach.
"Lower" he mumbled.
"Babe you going to work tomorrow?" I asked going lower.
"Yeah I have too Thursday-all week next week" He sighed
"All week??" I whined
"Yeah Baby, I took off a lot and I was sick so I have too" he sighed.
"Okay well I guess I'll go shopping with Jace and Brii tomorrow" I shrugged.
"Okay" he mumbled. "Right there" he groaned.
"Kai you gotta alotta knots" I said trying to get the knot out of his back.
"I know. All I do is work and run" he mumbled
"Papi" I mumbled
"Wassup babygirl?" He said turning over to face me while I was straddling him.
"You still having dinner here for Tyla and Jionni?" I aked tracing the tattoo on his chest.
"Shit mane. Yeah" he sighed,
"You forgot didnt you?" I asked
"Yeah man" he sighed
"Its okay. I'll just go shopping and make dinner tomorrow instead" I smiled
"Thanks baby" he smiled giving me a quick kiss. "You skipped school yesterday. I just realized that" he laughed
"Uh yeah." I laughed shrugging.
"Think you grown" he said pinching my butt.
"Ouch! I am" I said hitting his chest.
"Mhm. Keep playing and I'll show you how grown I am" he smirked.
"Dont be nasty" I laughed
"Its not nasty if you mine" he mumbled grabbing my butt.
"There is a child here" I laughed
"She sleep tho" he mumbled kissing my cheek.
"Kai'Jai no. Gabe will be here soon. He texted me" I said pushing him back down,
"Manee he needa hurry up" he groaned
"Your okay" I laughed getting off him.
"Im really not." He said blankly.
"Well you will be" I laughed going into the kitchen.
"Ughh" he groaned turning on the tv. I laughed making me some noodles in the microwave. I walked back in the living room too see Kai'Jai laid out across the couch. "What you making?" He mumbled
"Noodles"
"You always eating" he laughed
"Yes I know this" I said going to get my noodles. I fixed them up with the packet, hot sauce, and oldbay. Say its nasty but its good too me. I walked over to the couch and stood there waiting for Kai'Jai to move. "Kai'Jai. Stop playing" I said tapping his legs.
"Im not." He mumbled
"Imma pour this hot bowl on you" i snapped
"Wish you would" he mumbled closing his eyes.
"Your wish is my command" I smiled grabbing a water bottle off the table and pouring it all over him.
"What the fuck mane?!!" He yelled jumping off the couch.
"Relax. Its just water" I laughed sitting down on a dry part.
"You really childish" he said smacking his teeth.
"And?" I said eating my noodles. He just mugged me ans stormed upstairs. "Dont wake up Sabrina!" I yelled
"Yeah yeah." He snapped. I laughed and continued eating my noodles. I was putting my bowl in the sink when the doorbell rang.
"Cominggg!" I yelled skipping to the door.
"Hey Kilani" Gabe smiled when I opened the door.
"Hey Gabe. Come in" I smiled letting him in.
"How was she?" He asked standing in the opening.
"Great. I wouldnt mind watching her again for a couple of hours." I smiled
"Thats good" he smiled nodding?
"Ill go get her. Shes upstairs sleep" i said jogging up the stairs. "Kai'Jai!" I yelled halfway up the stairs.
"What?" He asked coming out of the bathroom.
"Can you get her bag together. Gabe's here" I said going into the room. He nodded and walked downstairs silently. "Brinaaa" I whispered tapping her.
"Huhh??" She mumbled opening her eyes.
"Daddys here" I smiled. Her eyes went wide and she smiled. "Come on" I smiled picking her and carrying her downstairs.
"Dwaddy!!!" She yelled when she saw him.
"Hey princess!" Gabe yelled taking her from me. I just stood there smiling at how they interact with each other.
"Here" Kai'Jai said handing me her bag.
"Thank you baby" I smiled standing on my toes amd kissing his cheek. He looked down at me and smiled hugging me from behind.
"Thank you Lani, you too Kai'Jai" Gabe smiled ligtly
"No problem anytime" I smiled while Kai'Jai just nodded.
"You ready babygirl?" Gabe asked Sabrina picking up her bag.
"Yesh. Byeee Kiwani! Byee Kiwani boyfwien!" She yelled giving me Kai'Jai a hug.
"Bye Brina" I smiled kissing her cheek.
"Bye little one" Kai'Jai smiled. Gabe gave me a funny look but I just ignored it.
"Thanks again. I'll call you Lani" Gabe smiled
"Your welcome and okay" I smiled watching them leave. I closed the door and turned around too see Kai'Jai smirking at me. "Why you looking at me like that?" I asked
"Cause your all mine" he smiled pulling me closer to him.
"That I am" I smiled standing on my toes and pecking his lips.
"Thats all I get??" He pouted
"For now yes" I giggled
"Stingy ass" he mumbled pinching my butt.
"Ouch!" I yelled hitting his arm.
"Oh yeah call my sister. She wanna talk to you" he shrugged letting me go.
"Alright" I said jogging up the stairs to get my phone.
"Tyla?" I asked when she picked up
"Kilaniii!" She yelled
"Hey TyTy" I laughed
"Kai'Jai told me you were making the dinner for tomorrow"
"I sure am" I smiled
"What you making??"
"Surprise" I laughed
"Fine. But did he tell you our mom was coming too?" She asked
"What?! No!" I yelled feeling my nerves up already.
"Oops...I..umm-" she started and I cut her off.
"Kai'Jai!!" I yelled putting her on hold.
"Wassup baby?" He said coming into the room.
"Imma go bye!!" Tyla yelled hanging up.
"How come you never told me your MOM was coming to dinner?!" I yelled
"Cause I didnt think it was that important. Relax Lani" he shrugged
"Its is a big deal! Were finally officially together and shes coming to a dinner IM cooking tomorrow night!" I yelled upset,
"Look Im sorry. I didnt know it was taht serious" he said kissing my forehead.
"Well it is. Now I have too cook something perfect and find a new outfit" I sighed
"Kilani. Its not that serious" he said grabbing my shoulders.
"Its is Kai'Jai! Its my first time meeting her!" I sighed.
"Look babe, I know she'll love you. Dont stress" he said rubbing my back.
"Okay" I sighed smiling at him lightly.
"Gimme kiss" he said puckering his lips. I pecked him on his lips when he grabbed the back of my neck deepening the kiss. He licked my bottom lip asking for acess but I denied laughing to myself.
"Mm!" I yelled against his lips when he pinched my butt. He took that opportunity to slide his tounge in. We were fighting for dominance and of course he won. He laid me back on the bed not breaking the kiss and hovered over me. We broke away for air and he started kissing on my neck. "Hmm. Kai--" i mumbled trying to contro myself.
"Wassup babygirl?" He whispered in my ear.
"I-I--shit" I hissed as he lightly bit my ear.
"Hm? Cant speak?" He chuckled lightly.
"Kai'Jai." I moaned lightly.
"Sshhh" he whispered taking my shirt off. He started kissing from my lips to neck then back up.
"Off.." I struggled to get out pulling at his shirt. He chuckled and slipped out of his shirt. I smiled to myself biting my lip checking out his body.
"Like what you see huh?" He whispered with his lips lightly brushing pass my ear.
"Mhmm" I smiled. I was in a transe I hadnt even realized I was just in my bra and underwear now and he was just in boxers. "Kai'Jai..I think--" i started but he cut me off with a kiss.
"Dont think. Just let your body give in Lani." He whispered slipping out of his boxers.
**andddd I think we all know what happened😹😹**
I woke up tangeled in Kai'Jai's blankets and smiled. He made me feel like I was on cloud 100. I couldnt control myself. I looked over at the clock too see it was 8:30 at night. I felt the other side of the bed too feel Kai'Jai wasnt there. I sat up wrapping myself in a blanket just as Kai'Jai come out the bathroom in some basketball shorts and no shirt.
"Hey sleeping beauty" he smirked
"Hey Papi" I smiled trying to get out of the bed but falling into his arms.
"Damn I put it down like that?" He laughed helping me stand up.
"Shut up, its not funny. I needa take a shower" I said walking into the bathroom.
"Imma order Chinese!" He yelled going down the stairs,
"Kay!" I yelled before closing the bathroom door. I took a quick shower and washed my hair. I put on my undergarments and one of Kai'Jai t-shirts. I threw my hair in a bun and decided it would be better to change the sheets. I stripped the bed and put them on the floor and put some new sheets on from the closet. I fixed the bed and carried the "used" sheets downstairs and put them in the washing machine.
"Here baby" he said handing me a plate of chinese.
"Thank ya" I smiled sitting on the couch. We ate amd watched tv for a while until we decided it would be best to go to bed.
"Goodnight babygirl" he said wrapping his arms around me.
"Goodnight" I said pecking his lips.

A/N: soooo Kai'Jai and Kilani did the nasty😹😹. Thats funny buh just so you know. Tomorrows Thursday and Tyla's formal is friday.
-love you guys!❤️