Prologue

What does the term 'Feather Fall' mean?

Do you know that movement feathers make when it's falling?

Since it's so light, a feather sways side to side as it falls. And if you're lucky you get to catch it.

Usually, a feather is very hard to catch while it's falling.

You would think it would land there on the right, but a few seconds later it moves to the left, landing on the spot you thought it wouldn't land on.

This was one of my favorite representations for life. Said by my little sister Juliana Travers.

Here's how it goes;

You are the feather.

Life is represented by the air controlling the feather.

Life moves you around until you finally land.

Luck is life's conscience.

Luck is very indecisive as well, because luck is telling life to move you left and right.

The good things in life are represented by the person that catches you.

The bad things are basically the ground.

When luck finally decides to bring you to your end, it's either you land on the ground or you get caught by the person.

A roller coaster is of course the most used representation for life, but to Juliana it was too scary for her to think that a roller coaster can be represented as life.

Due to the fact that Juliana hates roller coasters.

She thinks that a roller coaster moves too fast to be represented as life, because as quoted by a tumblr user; 'I hate the phrase "life is too short", because life is literally the longest thing that any of us will ever experience'.

And that is how she came up with feather fall.

This is how feather fall is actually very similar to the roller coaster representation.

You are equal to the cart in the roller coaster one, and a feather in the feather fall one.

Life is equal to the track in the roller coaster one, and the gravitational pull/air of the feather one.

The ups and downs in the roller coaster representation is equal to the left and right swaying of the feather in the feather fall one.

The end of the roller coaster representation however is very different from the end of the feather fall representation.

In the roller coaster, you only have one end. And that is a good end.

In the feather fall representation, there are three ends. One, is you get caught. Which is the good ending. Two, is when you land on the ground. Which is the bad ending. Three, is when you land on the ground, but you get picked up after. Which is bad at first, but good in the aftermath.

Everyone who learned about Juliana's kind of representation for life, thought of it as a bittersweet version of the roller coaster representation. Others thought it was more of a realistic version of the roller coaster representation.

I don't think that it should be compared to the roller coaster one.

It's an entirely different kind of term, for me at the least.

Sure, it has similarities but think of it as two different kinds of stories.

The build up may be the same, but the ending is entirely different. Thus categorizing the books as two entirely different things.

When Juliana passed away however, I felt like my feather has reached the ground.

Who knew that such a smart girl like Juliana could die of such a thing as brain cancer. At the age of 14 nonetheless.

If you were to tell me that I was heartbroken, that would be an understatement.

Instead of falling gently to the ground, my feather got ripped to shreds.

Hello, my name is Margo Travers. And this is the beginning of my story.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Question of the day by the author;

Did this arrive late or early in your country?