Chapter 7 (FINAL CHAPTER)

We didn’t follow them in the following days. My mom was still going out and going home at night. She looked so happy when she went home. She still wasn’t telling me anything.

                Gabriel and I wasn’t seeing nor texting each other. And it made me forget him little by little.

                But then one day, Gabriel called me.

                “Do you want to go out?” he asked.

                “Are you asking me out?” I asked.

                “Yes. You are going to be my step sister, right? There’s nothing wrong in going out with my sister,” he said.

                That made me feel the pain again but I agreed.  “Sure,” I said. “See you at the mall.” Maybe I can like Gabriel as my brother.

                At the mall, Gabriel waited for me outside.

                “You look so pretty,” he complimented.

                I blushed. “Thank you,” I said.

                If Gabriel continues like that, I just might fall for him again!

We went to see a movie and played in the arcade. We had so much fun! I know this was not a date but I wished it was. Gabriel was so nice to me. Maybe it was because I was going to be his step sister.

“Do you want to have some coffee?” he asked me. “My treat!”

“You already paid for the movie and arcade. Let me get this one,” I said.

But he shook his head and grabbed my hand. Brother and sisters don’t hold each other’s hand in public. I removed my hand and he noticed it. He just looked at me and sighed.

                When we entered the coffee shop we saw our parents inside. Gabriel and I decided to approach them.

                “Hey mom,” I said.

                “Dad,” Gabriel said.

                Both our parents looked so surprised. “What are you doing here?” my mom asked me.

                I sat beside my mom and Gabriel sat beside his dad. “We were just roaming around,” I replied. Mom noticed I was looking at the guy in front of her.

                “By the way, Alice, this is Mr. Clingston,” my mom introduced.

                “Hello,” I greeted.

                Mr. Clingston smiled. “She looks like you, Amy. Gabriel this is Mrs. Layton.”

                “Nice to meet you,” Gabriel said smiling at my mom.

                “So good looking,” my mom complimented. “You two know each other?” my mom asked me.

                “We go to the same school,” I said.

                “Are you two dating?” Mr. Clingston asked.

                “Dad,” Gabriel muttered.

                I saw Gabriel blushed. Or was it just my imagination? I looked away from him.

                “What are you doing in here mom?” I asked her.