chapter 3

Mayor Corey spoke with Jake and told him all about their arrival and how they were friends of Ben.

"You probably better bring in lots of food," Duncan said to Jake. "'Cuz my sister and those two will eat a lot." he then said, pointing to Abby, Shaggy, and Scooby.

"Oh, no problem." Jake assured them.

"Come along, Taylor, let's show your friend the sights." Mayor Corey said as they left together.

"Come on, Ash!" Taylor beamed, leaving with her childhood best friend.

Abby inhaled the air and drooled slightly. "What is that...?"

"That's just our New England clam chowder, maple-baked ham and beans, roast turkey with chestnut stuffing, and apple cinnamon pie!" Jake told them with a very friendly and joyous smile. "And I'll get a bone for your."

"Rone? Ruck!" Scooby got disgusted.

"Scooby's allergic to bones," Shaggy explained to Jake. "Just give us four orders of everything."

Jake laughed as he went to get their food. "I love people who love to eat!"

Abby laughed as her canine teeth popped out.

"Be careful, animal girl." Duncan laughed.

This was going to be a great buffet for them.

"Wow!" Velma gasped once they got to Ben's studio. "So, this is where it all started..."

"Yes, I wrote all my early novels here." Ben said as he showed them around.

Cindy looked around with wonder as she looked all around the place. "This is amazing!"

"This is an amazing place, Mr. Ravencroft," Brianna looked in awestruck.

"Shortly after high and early into college," Ben explained with a smile. "It was like my second home after I decided to become the horror writer I always dreamed of becoming. Even if now I spend most of my time in Europe, I come back here once a year to recharge my batteries."

Velma wanted to sit at Ben's old desk and and he gave her permission.

Cindy tugged on Ben's jacket, making him look down to her. "I write stories too... You wanna see?"

"Umm... Sure, little girl." Ben smiled down at her.

Cindy reached into her backpack and took out her notebook from her English class.

Ben took it and flipped through it, amazed at her writing skills despite being a little girl. "Whoa... You're really good... You might be as good as me when I was your age!"

Cindy giggled and shuffled her feet to the floor, hugging herself.

Daphne looked around and noticed someone missing. "Has anyone seen Dawn?"

"I thought she was coming with us to the studio?" Fred was now confused as well.

The others just shrugged about Dawn, maybe she ran into some woodland animals.

Trent noticed a painted portrait of a woman who was standing in front of a tree with a book in her arms. "Hey, who's this?"

Ben came over to him and then had a delightful smile. "This is Sarah Ravencroft," he told the others about his ancestor. "I think it was painted by a grateful patient. Of course, she wasn't very popular with the town's. She was a Wiccan."

"What is a Wiccan, Mr. Ravencroft?" Trent asked, still hopelessly wondering.

"I've read about them," Cindy spoke up. "Wiccans were people who were in tune with the forces of nature and used them for healing purposes."