24

"Why're calling Nooksniffer?" Karkat answered in grouchily.

"Your brother's on his way home right now. I want you make sure he doesn't do anything harmful." Cronus spoke carefully.

"okay, fuckface." Karkat sighed before hanging up. Kankri walked in just after Karkat hung up on the phone.

"I thought you'd be at his fucking house longer than a couple minutes." Karkat looked to Kankri.

"Well, things didn't go as I expected." Kankri chuckled. "I'm going to bed early tonight. It's been a long day."

"Don't do anything stupid, Kankri." He shouted.

"Of course, Karkat." He responded and walked into his room. The next morning, Kankri hurried off to work while he let Karkat sleep in since it was Saturday. Once he made it to his first job, he was let aware that this shift was going to be his last because they had hired a person for his job. He had no issue with this because he still had two other jobs he worked at, but once he arrived at the third one, he was let known of the same thing. Except this time, someone was obtaining a promotion and they didn't have any room for him. 

So, when he arrived home early to find that he was craving the metallic scent of his blood, he locked himself in the bathroom. A minute later, Karkat walked past the bathroom door and smelled blood. Quickly, He texted Cronus that there was the smell of blood coming from his bathroom. He knocked on the door with a great force, but didn't receive an answer.

"Kankri, I fucking swear to god!" Karkat shouted through the door before beginning to find the bathroom door key. Once he did, he unlocked the door to see Kankri sitting in the bathroom floor with a razor in hand and eyes closed. Karkat relaxed a little bit when the doorbell rang and there was a rapid knock on the door.

"What happened, Karkat?" Cronus asked as the door swung open.

"Come here. I think he wanted you to see this." Karkat commanded softly. Laying in the floor was an unconscious Kankri with his shirt off. Engraved on his stomach were odd letters in another language.

"This is our first language." Karkat explained before pointing to the largest word on his stomach. "What do you think this says?"

"I don't know." Cronus answered.

"It says: 'Cronus Ampora' in English." Karkat explained before pointing to another name "This one's: 'Karkat Vantas'"

"Oh my god, Karkat." Cronus began to tear up. "What does this say?"

"This looks like a title. It says: 'People I Have Disappointed.'"