4

The rest of the day went by a lot faster than he would've liked. He made a quick detour to his home to freshen up and check on his little brother.

"I may not be home tonight. I'm working late." Kankri hollered to Karkat.

"Whatever." Karkat yelled back. Kankri didn't have time to nag him about this or that, so he just went on his way and found himself in front of a miniature castle with cream walls and white columns in front of the front door. He knocked on the door and in a minute or so, it swung open softly and slowly.

"Business?" A man in a black suit stood straight.

"I'm looking for Cronus Ampora. Floyd sent me here." Kankri was a little intimidated by the man. He just nodded and pressed a button on the wall on the left side of the door.

"He'll be right down." The man bowed and Kankri nodded. He looked around and noticed that the house was very classy as well as roomy. He looked to the stairs that lay in front of the door at the end of a long hallway and at the top of them stood a tall man with purple stripes in his short, but shaggy black hair.

"You must be Kankri." He called as he made his way down the stairs. Once he finally made it down the stairs and across the hallway, he outstretched his hand. "I'm Cronus."

"Kankri." He confirmed as he shook Cronus's hand.

"C'mon. I'll show ya around." He slung his arm over Kankri's shoulders and led him through part of the house.

"What made you want to start doing this?" Cronus with the unlit cigarette still hanging out of his mouth.

"I need more money to keep my little brother happy and to pay the bills.

"I have a little bro too. What grade is he in?" Cronus asked with a smile starting to form on his lips.

"Eighth. I think." Kankri answered after a little bit of thought.

"What's his name?"

"Karkat Vantas. What's your brother's name?" Kankri asked in return.

"Eridan Ampora. He mostly live with my dad, though." Cronus kept walking and continued the tour.

"And this is the living room." He concluded the tour and sat on the couch. After a minute, Cronus patted the cushion beside him; silently inviting Kankri to sit down. He did take gracious offer and sat. "Now lets talk business for a minute."

"Alright." Kankri acknowledged.

"I'll pay you 100 an hour." Cronus started off. Kankri widened his eyes and covered his gaping mouth.

"I couldn't possibly accept that." Kankri mumbled.