19

"What's wrong Karkat?" He asked; trying to play dumb.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Kankri." Karkat hissed. Kankri's eyes widened and tried to keep the confused look. Karkat growled again before tearing at Kankri's pants. He put up a fight saying that this was triggering and inappropriate, but Karkat ignored him like he usually did. Once his pants were unbuttoned and unzipped, He looked back up at Kankri and saw that he was not only avoiding eye contact, but also crying.

"I'm sorry that you had to find out like this, Karkat." He inhaled shakily. "It was the only way I could cope without scaring you."

"The only way you could cope? Cope with what?" He shouted desperately.

"Dad left us on the morning of my birthday. He left me to work in every free moment I had and you without the proper care that you deserved." Kankri explained.

"I just don't wanna even think about having to worry, coming home to a fucking dead older brother. I don't wanna come home from a shit day and see that there's blood spilling from under your door to only find you're dead. I don't wanna be the the last one at your fucking funeral and bury you by my fucking self. I don't wanna feel like I am alone in this world, Kankri." Karkat whimpered began to cry. "You are th-e only fucking one w-who understands me, Kankri. You w-work at least two jobs everyd-ay and just st-started selling your own fucking body for a hundred dollars a night just because of my list of com-plaints. Hell, you unders-stand me so well, you yelled what I was thinking at the principle."

"Karkat," Kankri tried whispering comfortingly. "As long as you're moderately happy and you are receiving what you need. That little fiasco was just a waste of time."

"I d-don't care, Kankri." Karkat shouted again, but weaker and full of sadness. Kankri tugged the smaller one into his reach and wrapped his arms around Karkat's shoulders gently. He was never one for physical contact, but this seemed to be an extremely rare exception. Karkat immediately tied his arms around Kankri's waist and cried into his chest.

"Karkat, I can promise you that it never gets to a point where there's a worry if I'm going to die." Kankri lied.

"That's a fucking lie." Karat managed. "I saw your thighs last night, Kankri. I told Cronus that you have his lighter."

"That was unnecessary, Karkat."

"Was it really?" He responded as he nuzzled helplessly into Kankri's stomach. "I need you alive for the next couple decades, Kankri."