01

xi. Settle Down by the 1975
"I'm so fixated on the girl with the soft sound
And hair all over the place."
**

Roy Harper never went to high school. He was homeschooled by Brave Bow for all of his life so he didn't really know what to expect when he walked into Beacon Hills high school.

Having an attractive Hawaiian boy tackle him in a hug was probably the last thing he expected.

"Jacks! You didn't tell me you were coming!" A brilliant smile lit up the boys pretty face but, slowly fell when there wasn't a matching one on Roy's. "Jackson? Are you alright?"

Roy took a hesitant step back and gave him a blank stare. "I'm sorry, I think you're mistaking me for someone else. My name's Roy Harper and I need to go. Right now. Immediately."

He didn't mean to be rude, but if he was honest, he hadn't had this much interaction in a while.

Roy turned on his heel and walked away as fast as he could without drawing attention to himself, which turned out to be completely useless.

Everywhere he looked, everyone was already staring and whispering.

"Is that Jackson Whittemore?"

"He's supposed to be in London."

He reached the guidance office and sat on the chair outside of it. The conversations he heard all revolved around him and he hated it.

He hated the attention. He hated the staring and most of all he hated that he didn't have his red hoodie to hide behind. His shield was gone and he felt exposed.

"He isn't dressed like Jackson," a pretty redhead observed him from her position across the hall.

Immediately, his eyes snapped to her and he was floored. She was . . . beautiful, hair curled down her back, held back by a headband. Her pale skin shone, even in the shitty hallway light, making her green eyes pop out at him.

"Maybe he has a twin brother?" the brunette girl beside her answered.

The two girls were shamelessly staring right at him, and Roy raised an eyebrow expectantly. The redhead averted her eyes to a brown haired boy who was walking past him and she followed him to his locker.
The brunette stayed where she was and gazed at him, steady and unflinching.

Her eyes scanned him from head to toe, her brown eyes missing nothing. From the way he was stretched out in the chair with one ankle resting on his knee to the way one finger tapped the rhythm of Miss Jackson on his ankle.

While she was checking him out, he took the time to do the same. Her hair was cut short, framing her face in a way that showed off her pale skin and strong features. Her brown eyes were soft but guilty in a way that made him wary. She was pretty, really pretty actually.

She met his eyes and gave him a small smile. He hesitantly smiled back and her grin widened, showcasing her dimples.

Dread filled his heart as she walked up to him, completely ignoring her friend and the brown boy's protests, and reached her hand between them. She pushed her hair behind one ear, and said the three words that would change his life forever.

"I'm Allison Argent."

"Roy Harper."