[ Chapter 3 ]

I felt something prodding my side. It was cold and everything was dark. My whole body ached. The prodding came again, this time a little harder.

I let out a sigh and opened my eyes. I was outside on our back porch, and it was almost dark. A cool breeze made me shiver and made my head ache. I put my hand on my head and took a deep breath.

Wait... hands?

I sat up and stuck my hands out in front of me. My eyes grew wide as I took in my hairless skin, long fingers, arms, and legs. I wiggled my toes and giggled.

I couldn't believe I was actually a human!

I reach up and touched my face, feeling my features. I winced when I accidentally poked my eye.

Making a mental note to be more careful, I slid my hand up into the hair on my head.

Just then, I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see my master standing in the doorway, looking down at me with a confused look.

"Uhm... Are you lost, kid?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. That's when I realized how dry my mouth and throat were. Since I couldn't speak, I just shook my head.

"Okay, then... What are you doing here?"

I thought for a moment, not sure how to answer.

How am I supposed to communicate with master if I can't make any sound? I don't know what to do!

All of a sudden a loud rumbling sound came from my stomach. I looked down in confusion and poked my stomach with a finger.

Master laughed, "What? Never heard your stomach growl before?"

I turned my confused face towards him and smiled when I heard him laugh.

My master reached a hand down to me and said, "Here, I'll help you up. You should eat something."

I nodded and put my hand in my master's. He gripped my hand which seemed so small compared to his, and he pulled me up onto my feet.

Before he even let go, my legs went limp, and I began to fall back down. Master caught me with one of his arms, his hand still holding mine.

"I guess you're a little weak right now," he noted, "I'll just have to carry you, I guess."

He let go of my hand and used the free arm to scoop up my legs. He nudged the back door open with his foot and carried me through the door.

As we went through the house, I unconsciously snuggled my head up under his chin. Closing my eyes, I let out a happy sigh.

When we got into the living room, master gently set me on the couch. I smiled up at him, and he looked down at me.

He then asked, "You do realize you're naked, right?"

I looked down at my naked body and noticed the limp thing hanging between my legs. I immediately felt exposed. I rushed to cover my private area, my face turning bright red.

I'd never felt this before. I've never felt the need to hide myself from my master.

Then again, I've never been in a human body before either.

I was so overwhelmed by the embarrassment that I started to tear up.

"Hey, don't worry about it, kid," he reassured. He ruffled my hair and continued, "Wait here. I'll go get something for you to wear."

He walked away and headed into his bedroom.

I know he told me to stay here, but I just want to be with my master. I'm finally human. I want to tell him how I feel!