her.

songs

30 minute break - the luka state

mary go round - conor maynard

twist and shout - the vamps (cover)

shake me down - cage the elephant

//

"he said what?"
"i didn't make that up. he said date."
"he must know right? unless he lives under a rock he must understand how insensitive that was."
"i think he's clueless. and an asshole. but mostly clueless."

kit kept knocking on my door once i shut him out, but when cleo came to the door with a kitchen knife he, surprisingly, left. we're now sitting on the kitchen floor eating ben and jerry's out of the tub. philip is supposedly heading over but lord knows if he'll ever show up.

"i'm tired of talking about me... how have you been?"
"better than you."
"true."
we clink our spoons together.
"but really, is everything going alright with your boyfriend?"
"uh we actually broke up a few months ago."

"what?! how did i not know this?"
"you were really busy with alex and i was a shitty roomate, not to mention friend."
"i feel so bad. has there been any other guys since then?"
cleo awkwardly leans against the cabinets and stares at the ground.
"oh, no cleo you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
"no it's just ah... there is someone."

that makes me feel like less of a shitty person. my voice perks up, "really what's his name?"
"well her name is ellie."

oh. oh.

the front door is then thrown open, slamming against the wall and philip walks in, "hey guys sorry i'm late. cleo gave me a key because she wanted me to be able to get i-. what did i miss?"

\\

oh philip so, so much. i feel like i have reached a milestone with this chapter. #turnupforwhat

hope you are all doing well and that you are enjoying this novel in progress. this is a short chapter because there is no reason for it to be longer.

there's too much dialogue now. i will use more description next chapter. (: