Ch. 33

Ch. 33
Harry's POV

She had beaten us home. When I later asked how she managed to leave the party without being noticed she told me she had called a cab. I laughed and didn't believe her, but I didn't care- we did it. We actually robbed the hotel.
I gathered the team- the six of us still at the Majestic Hotel- and snuck out of the chaos. I didn't say goodbye to Frederick Manrit. Neither did Gabby, who had been keeping him quite busy amongst the pandemonium. I had to give props to my Ari. She was genius with this entire plan, even the last minute stuff.
"Where's the helicopter?" I asked Luke.
He grinned and pointed up, all of our eyes traveled up where he was pointing to see a massive helicopter settled on the roof of the building across from the hotel. I couldn't tell if that was clever or idiotic, but either way I couldn't help but laugh.
"Ok, take Gabrielle, Matt, and Liam and go return it to wherever you stole it from." I rolled my eyes.
"Dude, it's yours." Luke laughed, but ran off with the other three on his tale. I didn't stop to think how I had a helicopter... or how Luke knew about it. I still couldn't believe that we had done it. Of course at the moment I had no fucking clue where Ariana was, but Gabby assured me that I didn't need to freak out. When it came to Ari, I freaked out a lot.
Zayn, Louis, and I piled into the car with the da Vinci painting and started home. Sitting beside Zayn, I remembered the phone call. I remembered who he was and what his family did for a living. And I remembered how he convinced Ari to let him help with this little scheme. I didn't want to make a scene in a car, so I waited the ten minutes it took us to get back to the mansion. Once we were there, I handed Louis the painting and gestured for Zayn to come over to the side yard with me.
"What?" He asked, annoyance clear in his voice.
"I know who you are, Zayn Malik." I said quietly. Zayn didn't flinch; he didn't make any motion of fear when my words reached his ears.
"Oh? And who am I, Harry Styles?" He smirked. My hands twitched, about to start another fight.
"Your mum is in Interpol." I stated simply.
"Yeah. She works for the government, so what?" Zayn challenged me with a raised eyebrow. Fuck the newbie.
"So I don't want you ratting us out. And I especially don't want you near Ari." I spat, disgust was clear in my voice.
"I'm not planning on ratting you out." Zayn rolled his eyes. That was good, I didn't think he would because he had gotten in too deep to dig his way out. He added, "But I'm also not planning on leaving Ari."
And with that I punched him in the jaw.
It wasn't a huge fight; after all I was still a little sore from my earlier beating. But our fists flew and we eventually were on the ground. I felt the dirt under my fingernails and the blood dripping from my split lip, but I knew he had the worse end. His eye was already blackening and his nose seemed to be broken. I assumed we could've been worse had Gabby not come out to interrupt the fight.
"Get up, both of you." She rolled her eyes, "This is pathetic."
He and I looked at each other and got up. Our faces were solemn, like children who had been caught doing something bad. Gabby sighed and dared to ask what happened. Instantly Zayn and I both began to yell.
"He's a fucking government kid, Gabs!"
"Just because you knew her first does not mean you get to direct who can talk with her!"
"How am I supposed to let Interpol's son in on our heists?"
"Ari followed me home. I didn't ask for this!"
"You're not part of this family."
"Neither are you!"
Gabrielle's hand met my cheek with a sting, and then she did the same to Zayn. The two of us finally shut up, holding our cheeks in shock. Gabby's eyes were shining with leftover adrenaline from the heist. I smiled slightly, when she was like this, she reminded me of Ari.
"I love my cousin. I really do. She's a fantastic girl who deserves a really great guy." Gabby said, meeting my eyes, "Given that, she is also exhausted. She has eleven hours to return the paintings to Savid Nuri, otherwise who knows what'll happen to her dad. She carried the team on her back for this- especially when we screwed up. She literally bungee jumped down the side of the hotel with five paintings in a laundry sack tied to her."
My jaw dropped. "She did what?" I couldn't tell if I was angrier that she took such a risk or more relieved that she was ok.
Gabby glared at me and continued, "She did all this then took a fucking cab back here. When we got back she was pacing in the living room, the five paintings laid out on the floor around her. She didn't speak, she was just pacing. As of twenty minutes ago, she fell asleep. So, I'd appreciate it very much if you could set aside your differences and shut the hell up for an hour or so."
She turned her back and stormed back up the stairs. For a moment- a brief slice of time- I think that I could see past her tan mask. I thought that I saw some jealousy in those eyes of hers... but what did I know? I was just a guy and girls were far too complicated to predict.
"I'm still not staying away from her." Zayn mumbled just for my ears. I watched him go into his room and shut the door. A slam would've been much more effective, but we both knew that Gabby would have murdered him for making noise.
I ran a hand through my hair and thought about what to do... I mean, he was an outsider who was associated with the police. It was too much to think about tonight. With a sigh, I took the stairs up to where Gabby told me her cousin was sleeping.
She looked so innocent right there- she always did when she slept. Her lips were still stained red with makeup and she had bits of mascara and other crap under her eyes. I took in as much of her as I could see above the light blue covers. The first thing I really noticed was that she was wearing one of my shirts. It was the one she loved far too much- the one that was so worn and ratty. It was white at some point, but after years of wear it had become a creamy color. There was a shadow of a logo across the front that was legible long ago. I smiled as her chest rose and fell rhythmically. She was so beautiful.
Her lips turned up into a smile and her eyes opened for a mere second, "You know it's rude to watch people sleep."
"Sorry, bad habit." I joked, taking a seat beside her.
"What happened to you?" Ari's brows creased together and her eyes opened wider when my beaten face was in view. I bit my lip and hesitantly explained the first fight of the evening. I would tell her about the other later... she didn't need to worry about that now.
"Here, let me clean you up." She sighed, crawling out from the bed and jogging to the connected bathroom. God she was so gorgeous... and not wearing pants. She returned, walking slowly, like a fucking runway model.
"I'm fine, really." I promised her, leaning in for a kiss. Ari laughed and put a hand on my mouth, I kissed her fingers.
"Harry, I don't want your face to get infected or something!" She whined, trying to pull her hands away from my lips.
"Kiss me." I whispered, wanting nothing more than her mouth on mine.
Ari's lips twitched into a smirk and she shook her head. "Clean your face first. I don't want to kiss blood."
So, I snatched the damp washcloth from her and wiped it all over my face. I barely felt the pain from the cuts because I wanted to kiss her so badly. Ari watched me, giggling as I rubbed the sweat and blood off of my skin.
"You just rubbed it all in." She muttered, taking the cloth and dabbing my face with it. Although I preferred kissing, this was almost as nice. Her eyes were bluer than ever and never once left mine.
I brushed her hair back and grinned, "I would trade anything in the world- hell, I'd give up stealing- to have you look at me like that for the rest of my life."
Ari's cheeks went red, but she didn't look away. I could tell that she wanted to kiss me as much as I her. All at once she threw the towel across the room- making it into the dirty hamper- and then forcefully pressed herself to me.
"You know, I'm mad at you." I murmured as we pressed our foreheads together. Ari ignored me and allowed her lips to take over. I groaned and rolled so she was lying under me. I tried to ignore the fact that my shirt she was wearing was beginning to rise up. Her mouth traveled down my neck to my collarbone. She sucked on the skin there all while trying to take off my shirt.
"Ari, I'm pissed with you, but you're making it hard for me." I moaned, helping her remove my clothes.
"Tomorrow." She sighed, her breath tickling the newly formed hickey.
I smiled against her lips and agreed, "Tomorrow."

a/n:
sorry for not updating in forever!!!! I've been so busy but hopefully I can start posting more regularly again