BBA;14

Adele

To most people, a few days is nothing. But when it comes to me, it seems as though my clock is broken. So not seeing him for a few days is worrying, enough to send me into a panic driven state.
But today is different, I see him. In his days of absence I was beginning to think I was forgetting what he looked like, not that I could but the dooming thought of not seeing him again haunted me. But he's here, and through all that happened, my heart still begins to pound loudly at just the mere sight of him.

I've just met him, and within less of a week he already was rude and hateful to me, breaking my heart.

How in the hell could that happen? I wipe my sweaty palms upon my ripped denims and continue to walk towards my locker.

Anxiety fills me as I begin to near the area of the school where he stands, talking on his cell phone, a wide grin plastered upon his face.

I at least expected him to be frowning, or look sleep deprived like me. But no, he has a smile upon his face like he's never been happier, like whoever he's talking to on the phone is making him happier.

In all the novels I've read, when the main character and the potential lover get into a fight or one is moody and snaps at the other, the main character always just shakes it off and they get back together once they kiss and make up.

But to me, I feel like if that were to happen it would take a lot more than some pretty words and an apology. I would have to know he cares, but then who am I kidding it's been days since we've met. Of course he doesn't care.

I turn back away freon my locker with a sigh, steal one last glance towards Maverick and sander off to my first class.

This week has been slow ever since the Maverick Mayhem went down. Mandy decided to join the debate team, and hang out with Briggs more and more, resulting in me seeing her less and less. But it's all good, Levi has been there for me, and we've been going to that cool coffee shop and book store every day. We just sit, drink our beverages and do homework.

He's a good friend, and although you would expect it to be awkward with him being Mavericks step brother it's not. We get along so well together and our personalities match.

I quick send him a text telling him that I'll see him in chemistry, and head to my homeroom class.

Forty-two minutes later I am dismissed to chemistry and immediately sit next to Levi and I's normal spot in the back left corner. We like to sit there because of the human giraffe blocks the chemistry teacher's view of us so neither of us get called on.

It's pure genius of us really.

"Yo Yo, u have arrived!! All hail the mighty Levioskian!" His voice sends my head snapping up from my notes in a flash. A chuckle escapes my lips as Levi comes walking in, in a manner that could get him a job as an Elvis impersonator real quick.

"Levi, your late!" The chemistry teacher barks with a scowl, only resulting in a shrug from Levi as he takes a seat next to me with a smirk.

"Making teacher's hair fall out since day one," Levi smirks and pulls out his rainbow unicorn notebook casually.

"Really you are still keeping that?" I say with a chuckle as I eye his notebook.