BBA;4

Maverick

I like being alone too much. I'm more of a 'silence is better than bullshit' type of guy.

Instead, in my silence I think. I think about my life, as deep as that sounds. I think about girls, I think about how I could do better, but lately there has only been one girl. And her name is Adele.

I've only met her, and I've never been one for mushy gushy 'love at first sight' kind of guy, but thinking of her makes me feel this warm buzz.

Damn it, I sound whipped and I've only met her a few days ago. But holding her as she slept and waking up to her pinching my cheeks was just a mini paradise.

I can only imagine if she were mine..

Before I can allow myself to think about her anymore I walk out the house and hop into my car.

I turn on the heater and blast the music, as 'Dirty Work' by Austin Mahone comes on and I nod my head to the oddly catchy beat.

"Siri, where is the nearest bar?" I ask to my Bluetooth which is hooked up to my phone.

"Okay here is what I found on the web; the nearest bar is right around the corner in 900 feet... 800 feet.. 600 feet.." I then shut her off as I pull up to a parking spot.

The bar. The only way I can think of to get her off my mind, at least temporarily.

The place is pretty empty considering it's a weekend, I guess that when i think of L.A I think of huge clubs with partying celebrities, but I guess that's just stereotypical.

"I'll have a Sex on the Beach" I mutter to the bartender, careful to act causal. Seeing as I am underage.

"Coming right up." He nods and scurried away to make my drink.

"Soo, why is a pretty boy like you here at a crappy bar like this?" I turn my head to meet a voice; a girl, with short blonde hair and light blue eyes, dressed in a jean jacket and studded skirt with tights underneath.

She has the edge, unlike Adele, Adele is soft and gentle. The kind that couldn't hurt a fly, meanwhile this girl looked like she would cut off my man parts if I said the wrong thing.

"Is there alcohol here?" I ask her bluntly.

"Well, yeah."

"Then I'm fine just where I am." I shrug as the bartender hands me my drink. I take a large gulp, pushing back the sting at the base of my throat.

"I like how you think." She nods and smirks at me, downing her shot.

"Thanks, I guess." I shrug and take another gulp.

"Breakup?" She asks suddenly, and I'm slightly confused. The lights are bright, and I can see sweat droplets forming on her forehead. That reminds me of Adele and how she was crying, gosh that was terrible..

"Huh?" I ask and look at her with my eyebrows raised.

"Are you here to drown your sorrows? Did some girl dump you? Did you screw it up with your dream girl?"

"None of the above." I say bluntly.

"Then come on, what's your sob story?"

"Nothing. I'm just trying to get this girl out of my head. She's driving me a little crazy." I admit. Why am I even talking to her?

"Why not just tell her how you feel?" She suggests and I shake my head, downing the last of my drink.

"It's not that simple." I say and call for another drink.

"What's so hard about it?"

"Dude, it just is. Leave it." I snap and blink rapidly as I look at this girl, she seems shocked and a little bit scared, "Look, we just me at a party and she doesn't remember. I'm like falling for her and she's trying to remember why she woke up in a strangers house."

"That sucks."

"Yeah, story of my life." I chuckle sarcastically.

"I'm Ruby by the way. Maybe I'll see you around?" She shrugs and hands me a slip of paper with a phone number written on it.

"Yea, sure. I should probably get going to." School tomorrow.

"Cool, see ya, stranger! If your so crazy about this girl then just talk to her and get to know her then make your move don't be a wuss!" She calls then disappears behind the door.

I chuckle and shake my head. Adele would've probably have thought that was weird too.

Ugh, again.

I might need a few more drinks.

----

Photo: Ruby// played by //Lyzy Adler