BBA;11

Maverick

The sky is so tragically beautiful, a graveyard of stars. As I look back down to the beautiful girl sitting across the table from meI wonder how I managed to not beat the living pulp out of Levi. The way he was touching her legs made me want to do things to him that would end with me behind bars for murder. I feel betrayed, and the fact that he keeps flirting with her and acting as if nothing ever happened makes me want to hit his head so hard against a  wall. It's harsh but trust means a lot  to me. I never trustedmy mother, I knew she was  always with someguy every night. She never tried to hide and since then, trust hasn't been just given out freely for me. People have to earn my trust, and  I think that's how it is supposed to be.

"Pass me another jello?" Mandy asks me, and I reach into the ice chest next to me and hand her one. Everyone at the table is silent except for the crackle of the bonfire and the low music flooding from the radio. Tonight hasn't been too crazy, we all went swimming in our full clothes, because the girls didnt bring swimsuits- which is a good and a bad thing altogether. But now, they keep teasing me because I've been 'pouting' ever since Levi gave Adele one of his shirts and a sweatshirt. I really wish they were my clothes- not his. Also, Levi brought out his polaroid, and much to my complaints we all modeled for him, Adele is a natural, and looked beautiful in her pictures. Later today I will steal one of the pictutes of her and I from Levi.

"I love this song, dance with me?" Adele says, and right as I am about to storm out of the place, I see her standing in front of me, smiling brightly with her hand extended. I take her hand and walk her away from the rest of the group, farther along the beach.

"Bates, turn it up!" I shout to him, he nods and turns the stereo to its max. I intantly recognize the song- Bad Girls by MKTO. A faint blush rises in my cheeks as I see her  start to move her hips to the beat of the music. My jaw drops until she smirks and grabs my hands, placing them on her hips.

Her hips and gorgeous tan legs sway to the music, and I roughly think back to her in those short, short spandex shorts she was wearing and the way my stupid step brother- the one with the puppy crush on her- grabbed her legs like they were some prized possession.

Ugh. The thought alone has me gripping her higs harder and pulling her towards me, but not close enough to make my little me known. All of a sudden a click and flash of the camera has up staring up, shocked to see Mandy with Levi's camera.

I'm actually happy that she took the picture, no matter how much I hate pictures. A few moments later, I look at the instant picture to see me holding Adele, with a smirk on my face. My arms are flexed, and of course I'm shirtless so it looks so intimate.. it would if she wasn'd wearing darn Levi's hoodie. Her arms are raised and her hips are in the middle of swaying, a smile is on her lips.

"What time is it?" Adele says, after she gets done looking at the photo herself. I honestly am   a little disappointed at her reaction. A frown replaces my smile. But even then, she's so close that I stare into her blue eyes, I get lost in them, but its the kind of lost that feels like being found. I am a screwed up kid. Adele doesn't know that though. She doesn't seem intimidated by my appearence, and  she doesn't treat me like  some charity case.

Something inside me changed  that night at the party. She changed me, but she doesn't even seem to know it. We just met and its crazy to even think about things like this, but I can't help it. I feel protective over her, I feel happy when I'm with her, I feel sad when I'm not around her, I feel angry when she talks to other guys, I feel scared when I think of her finding out about my past. I should trust her, but I just met her and I'm sure she doesn't feel the same way. But I do. I feel like some lovesick teenager, but that's what I am. I am a lovesick teenager, and with the way Adele makes me feel, I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

"It's past midnight." I admit, looking down at my phone. When I look back to her, she is smiling, and I can't help but to smile back.

"Frostys?" She asks with a sly grin, I break out into a full blown smile. I turn my head briefly back at the table, Bates is dancing on top of it to 'Fun' by Troye Sivan and Mandy has the video camera out, laughing with the other guys.

"Definetley." I grin and grab her warm, soft hand and intertwine it with my own. Sparks shoot up my arms as I do so, and I really hope that I'm not the only one who felt it.

"Hey, guys I'm gonna drive her home." I say to the guys at the table. Levi looks down with a pout, then recovers and runs to give her a hug goodbye. I don't let go of her hand, only I tighten my grip.

"Alright, see ya losers!" Mandy exclaims and leans back into Brigg's shoulder. He smiles warmly, his eyes bright.

"So be honest," I say as we approach my car, I let go of her hand to open the door for her, then I run to the other side and blast the heat on high, "Did you really, truly have a fun time tonight or was it just an act? Because next time we can ditch and go hang out somewhere else or-" 

"Yes, Mav, I had a great time. Plus I got to see a really hot, shirtless dude." My eyes widen in alarm. I was shirtless, but so was Levi.. man I shouldn've told him to cover up! That bastard, she was totally checking him out I just know it. You know what I am done with this shit-

"Calm down, hulk. I was talking about this dude, with dark dark hair, beautiful brown eyes,  lots of tattoos .." She drags on and I smile.

"Oh really, well I think that dude was  checking you out too."I smirk and pull into the Wendy's parking lot.

"That's good." She sighs as I order our Frosty's. I've learned that she loves the chocolate  ones, I'm more of a vanilla type of guy myself, but I like  knowing things like this about her.

"Mr. Brooks asked me to  tutor you in social studies." She says suddenly and I look at her, my eyesbrows  furrowed in confusion.

"Oh, yeah he said I  was going to need one since social studies isn't my forte." I admit honestly.

"I think it will be fun." She mutters, while I hand the girl at the window my debit card.

"Really," I grin as the lady hands it back.

"That's not all he said though.."  She drags  on and instantly my eyes widen, "He talked  about your-"

She gets cup off by a chirpy male worker at the second window, " Hiya folks! Ya'll ordered  two frostys? One chocolate and one vanilla?!"

"Yes, you dipshit now give us out food." I snap at him angrily, his smile turns into a shaky grin. I'm on edge, I can't control what comes from my mouth, but it doesn't help when some guy from the south interrupts. The man gives me the food fast, and I peel out of the place. Adele has yet to say anything, but from the corner of my eye I can see her thighs shaking nervously.

"What did he tell you?" I ask bluntly.

"About how you got kicked out of-"

"Damn it!" I yell, and hit the steering wheel hard. She gasps, but makes no movement, only continuest to stare out the window.

I was supposed to tell her about my past, when I felt the timing was right. Not some dipshit of a teacher who can eat a dick because he told her himself. Is that even legal?

"What?" I laugh humorlessly, my voice cold, " Are yougossiping about me with a teacher now?Is that how you manage to maintain your teachers pet position?"

"No, Maverick! It's not like that!" She exclaims and reaches to put her hand on my shoulder, which I shrug away. I shouldn't be mad at her, but it wasn't her buisness to know until I made it her buisness, and it wasn't Mr. Brook's place to tell her in the first place.

"Screw you." I spit before I can stop myself. She gasps and opens up the door. Lucky or both of us, I'm already on her street and am only going ten miles an hour.

"You really are a dick. I thought you would be different." She spits and slams the door behind her. I peel out of the neighborhood without looking back. But one thing still runs through my mind.

I screwed up, again.